PDA

View Full Version : solids...

WildFlower
06-29-2011, 11:06 AM
what's the best way to deal with solids..as in when they start eating and then their poo starts getting thick...?:O
I was just washing everything in the washer till recently..it's started getting harder because I find little chunks of food in the washer. Everything still gets clean but that seems nastier to wash the thicker poo in the machine. It's still working but ...I need to figure out what to do. My sister is using Viva paper towels as liners. I bought some to try this method but I am not sure I am liking it. I don't know if I bought the wrong Viva towels or what..but they seem to kind of disintegrate when she pees on them and kinda fall apart. When she poos I guess it's still wet enough that it doesn't always hold. But either way it's then plastered to her bottom..:sick IF I can get it off without everything falling apart it DOES keep the diaper cleaner...
But I am wondering what would be better? Just a sprayer on the toilet? That sounds messy... as in poo and water splatter. :yuck But I can't keep washing them I will have to do something else eventually...
Any suggestions? Maybe I need different liners? It's not thick enough to dump into the toilet or shake it off yet IYKWIM.

backtobasicsmum
06-29-2011, 11:20 AM
You can buy disposable diaper liners that work really well for this. :yes I buy this brand http://www.kushiesonline.com/Flushable-Biogradable-Diaper-Liners-p/l545.htm b/c I can find them locally at my Walmart. They are sooo long, that I actually cut them in half b/c otherwise they would be hanging out the front and back of my diapers. So they last a really long time. As well, if they were just peed on, the I throw them in the pail with the diaper and wash/dry them. They come out super soft and then I use them as wipes for poo later on!

JenLovie
06-29-2011, 11:38 AM
We dump in the toilet. Sometimes DS's poops are very solid and it just flops out, but sometimes we have to use toilet paper to wipe it off. We bought a diaper sprayer and never used it (and returned it) because the toilet paper worked fine for our needs.