PDA

View Full Version : Bamboo prefolds

Zipporah
06-14-2011, 07:45 AM
So apparently, we're having a baby in a few weeks and it's kinda, sorta starting to sink in. I'm realising that I'd better start getting a bit organised. :eek

I have a stash of OSFMost but I'd to add a bunch of prefolds, preferably bamboo. I know of a few places that sell them in Aust, but our dollar is pretty good at the moment (and things tend to be cheaper and the postage is way quicker in the US) so I was wondering if there are any US businesses selling them. I can't find any and Google seems to be unusually Aus-centric on this one.
Does anyone know any places I can look?

Hermana Linda
06-26-2011, 03:40 PM
I don't know, but I'll :bump this so someone who does can see it. :heart

Quiteria
06-26-2011, 04:05 PM
You could try on www.hyenacart.com There used to be a lot of bamboo prefolds there when I had ds2.

I haven't been there in a couple years, though. I don't know to what degree CISPA laws have shut down the American WAHM industry or not.

(We passed a consumer safety law a few years ago, and it was supposed to require lead testing and such on children's products, but it was such an awful law...effectively made it so only the big companies importing huge factory lots from China could afford to comply, and all the mothers sewing individually would be out of business, even on cloth items that couldn't possibly contain lead. I know some tried to fight back and get it repealed, or delayed, or reasonable exceptions granted, but I'm not sure how it all panned out. At the time, that's who made almost all of the bamboo prefolds...mothers sewing individually at home, as small home businesses. Many moms pulled out of the diaper business immediately instead of waiting for it to be sorted out. I'm not really sure where it all stands today, whether a workable compromise was ever reached, or more delay, or what. I *think* those who took a wait-and-see approach are still in business...but I haven't kept up with the news on that front.)

Zipporah
06-27-2011, 12:11 AM
Thanks. Off to take a look.

I was on a baby wearing board when the CISPA laws were going through.
Hooray for bureaucracy-it's a bit like trying to do micro-surgery with a sledge hammer:rolleyes