PDA

View Full Version : YUCK!

mommie
06-13-2011, 10:20 AM
Well getting ready to wash my cloth I was going through them to rinse the poopy ones I couldn't get too at that exact moment. I saw magets ! This is a first for me. The diapers at most have been in less then a week. But ewww. They are now in a bag waiting to be rinsed. This makes me want to go back to disposables but I can't even afford to buy a pack till Friday. Geesh.
Are my dipes okay? Should I do an extra wash?

Rabbit
06-13-2011, 10:27 AM
They're fine. As gross as it is, maggots are clean. It's the poop that's dirty.

RosalieMarie
06-13-2011, 10:36 AM
:hug2 It's gross, but I've had it happen at least once that I remember. I make sure to wash more often in the summer than I do other times of the year.

amieids
06-13-2011, 11:02 AM
oh dear, I am so naive/uneducated, I have used cloth nappies for the whole of my mothering life and I had no idea that could happen! I'm glad I do now so I wont be shocked if it happens to me!

Domina
06-15-2011, 02:23 AM
Oh, man. Toodling off to check my wet bag!

cyndib
06-22-2011, 11:59 AM
I've had that happen twice. Should be fine. maybe do an extra wash or pre-rinse?
I've found that if i make sure to keep the diaper pail sealed tight (we use an old tidy-cats litter bucket w/ snap lid), that flies or other critters can't get in and lay their eggs. :sick (if that's even how they get there in the first place?)

jewelmcjem
06-22-2011, 01:20 PM
Some flies flew in, laid some eggs, they hatched. It doesn't take long, your dipes are fine once washed!

BriansLovie
06-22-2011, 01:52 PM
This happened to me last summer. We had just moved to our new house, I had the clean cloth diapers packed and they had been brought over here, and sat in an empty house for a few days. When we moved in, I started putting the cloth diapers away, and for some odd reasoned opened this one. There were maggots poop :sick I was so grossed out... It had been at least a week of sitting in that diaper. I dont know how it happened (it had to have been my hubby :P~). But I just swished it, and washed it really really good. It was fine after that. Just super super gross.