PDA

View Full Version : Holy Stinky Diapers Batman!

called2bfree
06-12-2011, 06:55 AM
What do you keep your diapers in until it's time for a wash? We've done the wet bag and currently are using a pail. Now that DS has (for some reason) really stinky pee the diapers stink up the ENTIRE HOUSE before I even get a chance to wash them! It's yucky pee smell, his poop is still mostly BF baby poop.

What can I do to keep the stink down? I'm getting desperate. We wash every 2-3 days but I've been doing every day because it's just getting gross. :(

ThreeKids
06-12-2011, 07:04 AM
He's on the young side to have pungent pee. Is it an ammonia, sulphury, or other kind of smell?

ammonia = need to strip diapers
sulphury = brocolli/asparagus issue
other = possible UTI

Domina
06-12-2011, 07:05 AM
If they're suddenly stinkier than before, they may have started holding ammonia. Could be time for a strip. I do a hot wash with a big squirt of plain blue Dawn.

We've got BG Flips, and I also wash them with 1/4 cup bleach once a month, per Cotton Babies' instructions.

We keep ours in a Planet Wise zippered wet bag, and when they're not in need of a good stripping, no smell escapes. HTH!

called2bfree
06-12-2011, 07:44 AM
Hmmm, now why did I immediately think it was his pee that was stinky and not the diapers? :doh I'm chalking that one up to nursing brain. :lol It's definitely an ammonia smell--I will strip the next load and see how we do.

Thanks Mamas!