PDA

View Full Version : Fasteners for prefolds

mipennsn
06-08-2011, 05:06 AM
I somewhat quickly went back to cloth diapers and don't know where my snappis are. I want to use my prefolds, but need some way to fasten then under the cover. I don't really have money to spend to buy anything. I do have Velcro and elastic I know where it is. Anyone have any ideas for me?

Premium prefolds on 2.5 year old
Some pull on wool covers
Mostly pul wrap style covers - Dappi brand (old)

Domina
06-08-2011, 05:12 AM
I don't actually wrap my prefolds or fasten them in any way. I tri-fold them and lay them inside the cover. We have Flip and Thirsties covers and it works really well.

JenLovie
06-08-2011, 05:12 AM
Do you have any pins you could use? I've never tried pinning, but I bed you could make do with some big safety pins or get some diaper pins at Babies R Us (I think they're only $1/pack).

solatido
06-12-2011, 06:04 AM
I second the suggestion for pins. They work so much better for a toddler than a Snappi. We are still using premium sized PFs too.

blessedwithboys
06-12-2011, 07:04 AM
I like pins better than snappis for toddlers too. I got my Dritz pins at Joann Fabrics, very very cheap. I keep my pins in a bar of soap so they'll slide easier, and I pin in the back to keep wiggles from being such an issue.

Mama Rophe
06-12-2011, 07:32 AM
You can get a pack of 4 pins for a dollar at walmart too.

Dovenoir
06-12-2011, 11:20 AM
I pin in the back to keep wiggles from being such an issue.

Having trouble picturing this.. how do you do it?

blessedwithboys
06-12-2011, 02:13 PM
Having trouble picturing this.. how do you do it?

I'm trying to find an online photo tutorial- that's how I learned it- it's not my original idea. It basically looks the same, just reversed- baby lays on their tummy. I still put the cover on the regular way tho with velcro in the front!

2sunshines
06-12-2011, 05:12 PM
I agree with pinning. Super cheap and super easy.

If it intimidates you tho, you can just put the prefold on however you normally do and then hold it on with the cover.

I prefer pins tho. :yes