PDA

View Full Version : Best swim diapers?

Dandelion
06-06-2011, 10:04 AM
We spend a lot of time at the pool in the summer and it just occured to me that I need to buy a cloth swim diaper because I hate those sposie kind. They never work and they are super expensive for something that doesn't work:yes2. Anyone have a swim diaper they recommend?

Waterlogged
06-06-2011, 12:50 PM
If you're already using CDs, you can just use an old pocket diaper w/out an insert as a swim diaper. BumGenius is even marketing that feature.

Dandelion
06-06-2011, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the tip:rockon.

BabyMonsterMommy
06-06-2011, 06:21 PM
Just came to say that I agree. just get 2, in case there actually is a poo incident in the middle of swimming.

WildFlower
06-09-2011, 07:41 PM
I love the imse vimse swim diapers. I found them for 9$ for at this online store that has been going out of business for a while. Looks like they still have them in stock. They are cute and come in many sizes.

http://www.itsybitsybabyboutique.com/swimwear.html

Love&Joy
06-09-2011, 07:50 PM
I've been using a bumgenius pocket diaper without the insert this summer with my toddler. The point of the disposable swim diapers is just so for holding poop in. It's not meant to absorb urine, otherwise it would also absorb the pool water. So, bumgenius has been working great for us. Though some of the cloth swim diapers are just too adorable to pass up!

lucie
06-09-2011, 09:00 PM
I love the imse vimse swim diapers. I found them for 9$ for at this online store that has been going out of business for a while. Looks like they still have them in stock. They are cute and come in many sizes.

http://www.itsybitsybabyboutique.com/swimwear.html

Oh no, I just ordered these today on amazon for twice as much!
But I'm glad to see that you recommend them--I picked them somewhat randomly and was a bit nervous about it. :lol

raining_kisses
06-09-2011, 09:06 PM
I got a cute little cloth swim diaper from Wal Mart in the pool toy section. 5 bucks. I hear Target also sells them.

Love&Joy
06-09-2011, 09:15 PM
Target has them for sale from the Speedo brand, a little more expensive, though I don't really remember how much.

2sunshines
06-12-2011, 05:13 PM
I've use either the cheap swim diapers from Target or an old pocket diaper without the insert. I actually prefer the pocket diaper because they're easier to remove if there is a poop problem (the Target ones are pull on).

klpmommy
06-12-2011, 05:34 PM
I've done the pull up swim diapers before and they are horrible when they get pooped in. Gross. I've been using two pockets without the insert this year and they've done great and holding in the one poop that has happened and was really easy to clean up.

Dandelion
06-12-2011, 06:11 PM
I don't have any pockets but I just found some on craigslist at a good price:rockon

breezy88
06-12-2011, 11:48 PM
Kushies....they velcro and tie and that helps keep number 2 in.

twentysixcats
06-21-2011, 07:19 AM
I have two Bummis Swimmis that I like pretty well - they are velcro. Never had a poo incident, so I can't comment on that.