PDA

View Full Version : CD'ing a VERY FAT BABY

Littledisciples
06-03-2011, 07:58 PM
Seriously this dude is huge I already am using size 5 sposies and soon going to have to go to a 6. I have cloth for a back up and H&W only gives me so much a month for sposies. So here it is I have the pocket one size diapers from Greener Baby and they fit all out and full force. But if he where to grow any fatter they won't fit. I got Motherease one size diapers too and they actually fit but my covers are M/L and they fit on him but leaves a red mark. I need to find a larger cover but don't really have it right now to splurge as I got an extra baby and all too. :no So ya I am having a hard time CD'ing this chunky monkey. He isn't crawling yet is 8 months old and 24 pounds. So I am wondering if anyone else has encountered this. I wonder if he starts crawling if he will slim down some and they will keep fitting him. Or do I need to seriously look at some Bigger diapers. I am going to town tommorow I can get some cheap XL covers for now but if he grows much more the actual diapers won't work either. :shrug3

LovinBeingMommy
06-03-2011, 08:09 PM
I'm not sure how old he is, but Monkey was HUGE at six months and has been wearing the same size all the way from then 'til now (16 months). He just started slimming out, so now they fit him the same around the waist, but better as far as length. Is there any chance your ds will do the same thing? I know when my brother was little, he'd get soooo fat, then shoot up several inches and lose the chub. He did that constantly his entire childhood.

ECingMama
06-03-2011, 08:16 PM
My daughter wore FuzziBunz size L at nights starting at 5 months. She still wears them at 33 lbs.

believer
06-03-2011, 08:27 PM
:cloth :poke this post requires a photo :yes5

Chaos Coordinator
06-03-2011, 08:47 PM
i agree fuzzibunz run very big. i'd definitely go for those!

Littledisciples
06-03-2011, 08:49 PM
Well I will have to take a pic of him in the cloth diaper tomorrow but here is an idea of how big he is now. The child has rolls amoung rolls :giggle This was taken with no diaper on just swim trunks size 2T

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a313/Littledisciples/swimdays004-1.jpg

Here is him compared to my other little one who is in a 12 month suit LOL They are just weeks apart.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a313/Littledisciples/swimdays002.jpg

ECingMama
06-03-2011, 08:57 PM
Giggle. Does he eat 45 oz a day or what?
Does he like to be kissed? How come adult fat rolls aren't cute? :)

Blue Savannah
06-03-2011, 09:00 PM
oh, goodness :melting

JessicaTX
06-03-2011, 09:04 PM
Awwww, lookit those chubs! who can resist a fat baby! :heart

Littledisciples
06-03-2011, 09:10 PM
Giggle. Does he eat 45 oz a day or what?
Does he like to be kissed? How come adult fat rolls aren't cute? :)

LOL

He eats about 3 jars of baby food and 1 bowl of baby cereal and about 4-5 8 oz bottles of formula in one day :giggle And he started eating cherrios and puffs too but he only eats like a few at a time.

He :heart to be kissed and I tell him I am going to eat up all his rolls and he just goes wild with laughter it is so cute. :yes

believer
06-03-2011, 09:12 PM
:heart:melting he is so cute! and so is she. they are both adorable!

Domina
06-04-2011, 02:40 AM
Nom, nom, nom! Sumo's a chunkamunk too! (Thus the nickname.) He's 25 lbs and wearing 24mo clothes at 7.5 months old. Eek! I've had the exact same question about cloth diapers, and I am just PRAYING they continue to fit and we don't have to buy a whole new stash when he's a year old!!!

Dovenoir
06-04-2011, 05:49 AM
:popcorn

Ryan's almost 15 lbs before he's 3 months. Never seen an EBF baby this big. If he keeps this up...

CapeTownMommy
06-04-2011, 06:02 AM
:melting Gorgeous!

Heike was very chubby until about 14 months or so, and now she's actually fitting in stuff that wouldn't fit her before. Same weight, much taller. I wouldn't worry about him growing out of the larger CD sizes until he actually does, kwim?

Lady Grey
06-04-2011, 06:29 AM
Look at those arm rolls!!!! :heart

Have you checked diaperswappers for bigger Motherease covers?

milkmaidmama
06-04-2011, 06:36 AM
So Cute! It reminds me of my first...she outgrew the small fuzzi bunz at 3 months. I switched her to bumgenius(one size) and she wore them from then till potty trained. She often had red marks on her thighs though. I think it's hard to avoid with rolls, it never seemed to bother her. She was almost 25lbs when she turned on and didn't gain a pound for a year...just slimmed down and grew taller.

I used little wool shorts on her a lot too because they didn't dig into her chub. We called her chub chub so much she would stand and smack her belly and yell chub chub. hehe.:giggle

It's weird my second is super petite. I went from a kid >than 100percentile to less than 5th. It's always so funny to see tiny kids next to big kids. Love it.

Littledisciples
06-04-2011, 09:28 PM
Look at those arm rolls!!!! :heart

Have you checked diaperswappers for bigger Motherease covers?

No I don't have an account. I am thinking of definatly getting an account their or just waiting to see if any one I know is selling any. But right now I got some cheap covers for now in XL so those will work for now.:phew Busy day didn't get around to taking a pic sorry next time I will come back with a pic to show you him in the diaper. :giggle

Littledisciples
06-05-2011, 07:08 PM
Here is him in the cheapy covers they work for the time being. ;) But I think I got some wool sweaters to make some shorties for him. I am such a snob and spoiled when it comes to my cloth diapers. :giggle :no I don't know where I got that from. The one below is him in a Mother Ease One Size umm I never thought I would question the one size LOL they are HUGE

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a313/Littledisciples/westerndays094.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a313/Littledisciples/westerndays098.jpg