PDA

View Full Version : So nice when others give positive feedback about your parenting

Aubieirish
04-20-2011, 12:13 PM
We went out to eat over the weekend and it was later than we usually eat dinner when we arrived at the restauarant. I had high hopes that no one would have a meltdown. Our children were on their A game because they were so calm and civil it warmed my heart. We had several tables around us smiling and making remarks about the kids.

When we were leaving two women came up to us and told us that our children were delightful, and their behavior was outstanding. They remarked that we must be doing a good job keeping them happy at home and treating them well for them to be so calm and sweet. It made my mommy heart so proud :heart

They both went on to comment that they knew kids could have tantrums and they knew no child was perfect, but our children (baby included) gave them hope that parents were still raising their children to be respectful and with manners. It was so nice to be recognized in a positive way. I know we are doing the right thing, but sometimes it is nice to have someone point it out (and not harp on why you are doing it all wrong, etc.)

Just wanted to share. :D

Elyse221
04-20-2011, 01:17 PM
I love how they made the connection between treating them well and the children behaving well!

Aubieirish
04-20-2011, 01:21 PM
I love how they made the connection between treating them well and the children behaving well!

Yes, that is what made me so happy as well! It is of course nice to get recognized, but the fact that they went beyond the surface made me so happy!

Stiina
04-20-2011, 01:22 PM
Yes I agree with Elyse! Lots of people don't make the connection between connected parents and fabulous children :)

:heart Way to go mama!!!

Mokek Kwe
04-29-2011, 09:51 PM
Wow, it's nice to see that some people seem to make the connection that treating nice ultimately = them treating others nice.

Maggie
04-29-2011, 11:16 PM
:rockon :heart

deena
04-30-2011, 08:35 AM
Conversely: when my three year old was in the middle of a meltdown yesterday because she was tired, a friend recommended I get "Early intervention services" :rolleyes