PDA

View Full Version : Economical wool cover?

KCMartha
04-03-2011, 09:35 AM
I am looking to buy about 3-4 wool covers for my son. I am interested in pull-on shorties or wrap-style. Most of what I am finding is around $24-$34. Exceptions are a few things I have found on Etsy. I'm really trying not to break the bank on these. Any good sales or seconds you know of? I have found the Loveybums seconds.

2sunshines
04-03-2011, 04:22 PM
Recycled wool is usually really cheap.

Can you sew? If so, it's pretty easy to make wool covers out of a sweater.

Eowyn
04-03-2011, 05:46 PM
I learned to knit because $7 and a few hours for a skein of yarn was better for my budget. It's worth it if you're so inclined. :yes

KCMartha
04-03-2011, 07:42 PM
Thanks guys. I have tried making my own and I have to say my success rate isn't very good and the sweaters are adding up! I will try again, though.

I do crochet and at one point I tried crocheting a cover - but I have to admit that following a pattern isn't my strong suit...seems like that's a theme for both sewing and crocheting! Hmmm....

2sunshines
04-04-2011, 07:22 AM
Yea, quite frankly I can't make my own wool covers either. :doh

Buying recycled can be cheaper than buying knitted. Or buying used.

NayneeNoo
04-04-2011, 10:50 AM
Somebody recommended Just Ducky (http://www.knitknacksforbaby.com/default.htm) to me. They are still shorties $20 a piece, but if you buy 3, you still save yourself $12.

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

Oh and FTR, I'm cruising Spots over on Hyena Cart and I'm seeing lots of shorties for less than $20, if you don't mind used. Not sure what size you need, a lot of them seem to be nb-med, so too small for Bree or I'd snap up one or two, myself! :giggle