PDA

View Full Version : Kawaii Diapers Rock!

graciousmomma
04-01-2011, 09:13 AM
I bought a bunch of these off of ebay brand new when I was still pregnant with dd. Now that I have recovered from the c-section, I just got them out the other day and started using them. I have to say, I am rather impressed! They are so nice for what I paid for them, and so much better than what I had been previously using with my other kids. Just had to come in here and say I love them so far!

trustingGod2
04-01-2011, 01:08 PM
I've been using them for a year and :heart:heart:heart

called2bfree
04-08-2011, 06:55 AM
We got 2 free with a CD order on Kelly's Closet and LOVE them! We have been using Fuzzibunz and BumGenius but the Kawaii's seem better made/more durable. Although my Kawaii did leak yesterday...guess it's just trying to fit in. We have leaks on just about every diaper these days. :-/

graciousmomma
04-08-2011, 10:40 AM
Oh wow, I have not had many problems with leaking! I actually like them better for overnights than disposables - they get so soggy, but the kawaii's seem to absorb really well and they keep the moisture off of dd's skin for the most part.

TuneMyHeart
04-08-2011, 10:58 AM
I was wondering about these dipes since they're fairly affordable. Which ones do you guys like the best?

Naked Camper
04-08-2011, 11:19 AM
glad to know about these - they're amazingly affordable

graciousmomma
04-08-2011, 11:33 AM
I have the one size pockets with all snaps, these ones, http://ccdiapers.com/item_271/Kawaii-Baby-Snap-Pocket-Diaper.htm , but I got mine off of ebay. They are quite affordable, I spent about $132 for 24 with two microfiber inserts a piece, and they should fit dd the entire time she is in diapers.

ilikestrawberryjello
04-08-2011, 12:00 PM
I also received these diapers for free with purchase from Kelly closet too. I had them converted to snaps And I like them. I think they run a bit bigger than bumgenius but they are great value

hopeforchange
04-08-2011, 12:16 PM
i really like mine. :yes i have the velcro ones (i prefer velcro) and i ordered them directly from the company website.

abh5e8
04-10-2011, 06:01 PM
:popcorn

graciousmomma
04-29-2011, 08:00 PM
So, after using these for a while, my dh is still on board, and actually really likes that we are using them for dd. With our 3rd baby, he was not impressed with what we used for the brief time that we cloth diapered. I am actually pretty amazed that he is that impressed with these diapers! Just thought I would bump this to say even dh is converted to cloth diapers preferred after using the Kawaii diapers :yes

ilikestrawberryjello
04-30-2011, 05:10 AM
I keep checking back at the website, because I would like to buy a few more. They still don't have any available. I contacted the company and they said they'd have more at the end of this month. I still don't see any :shrug

graciousmomma
04-30-2011, 09:10 AM
I think the lady I bought mine from has some up on ebay again. Here is the link to the seller http://myworld.ebay.com/mayflower_garden/?_trksid=p4340.l2559 . It looks like she has some up for sale, but they are mostly a daisy pattern, if you don't mind those.

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

Also adding that when I bought mine from her, I bought a bigger lot of them (about 24, I think), and when I figured out the cost individually, they were like around $5.50 a piece, or close to it :jawdrop :thumbsup

Mrs.C
05-13-2011, 12:55 AM
I love the Kawaii diapers also...I use prefolds and covers, but once I was at a friend's house and ran out of diapers and she let me use one of hers. It was awesome! Ds was in it all night and still felt nice and dry in the morning :) I am planning on buying 2-3 for babysitters.

RefrigeratorArt
05-16-2011, 12:08 PM
I have two of the bamboo Kawaiis (minky outer) as ds doesn't do well with most synthetics against his skin. They are my go-to naptime diapers (that's a very good thing). ;) I have been looking into getting some more. :)

november
05-22-2011, 07:18 PM
For the price, they are really, reeeeally hard to beat. For someone on a budget who doesn't want to go the prefolds/flats route, they are an EXCELLENT option, imo. Sunbaby is another good brand, too (very similar to Kawaii).

I had quite a few when I first started CDing because I really liked some of the prints. I sold them off, though, because they were hard to stuff with the particular inserts I use. If you use just regular old microfiber inserts, though, they are fantastic!

I hate that they are made in China, I really do - but I still stand by the fact that it's a great option for people who can't afford the pricey "name brand" diapers, kwim? Not to mention the fact that so many of the name brand diapers are now being made in China, too (Fuzzi Bunz were being made there until very recently and I am sure there are others).