PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe how much I am loving prefolds now!

Lady Grey
03-16-2011, 12:38 PM
I started with them when DD was a baby, but once she outgrew infants the premiums I had seemed so huge that I gradually switched to all pockets. I begrudgingly went back to prefolds when she outgrew medium pockets around 14 months. (not much onesize then except for the awful quality original BumGenius's) I did get some regulars to cut down on bulk and later also bought the GMD red's when they were first out. With DS1 I used mostly pockets, mostly because his skin couldn't handle the wetness anything else even with liners.

Now with DS2 (5mo) I started out just part time in cloth (overwhelmed/exhausted) and mainly our pockets. A few weeks ago I pulled out the prefolds on a whim and they are my "new" favorite! And I'm liking those big blue premiums the most and reaching for the GMD reds last. Weird! :D

abh5e8
03-16-2011, 12:41 PM
what covers do you use? i keep thinking i need to pull out the prefolds for this baby...he is 5 months/17lbs. :think

Lady Grey
03-16-2011, 12:53 PM
I have mostly Thirsties mediums, one Thirsties Duo wrap, a couple of ME Airflows and a lonely old Wonderwrap. (listed in order of preference lol) Z is 5 months and 19lbs.

twentysixcats
03-21-2011, 02:12 PM
I am usually the person who favors convenience over everything else, so I only bought pockets and AIOs when DD was born. Recently I'm trying to rid my stash of all microfiber, and switched to all-cotton prefolds, and I'm surprised that I like it! The one thing I miss about my pockets is the ease of use for when other people are changing her - even people willing to change a cloth diaper. But for now, prefolds are working for me.