PDA

View Full Version : Fuzzi Bunz XS vs. SM for Newborn

trustingGod2
03-16-2011, 10:26 AM
Anyone used Fuzzi Bunz XS for a newborn or the smalls which say 7+ lbs on a 6 lb. newborn can I make the smalls work or do I need the XS also?

gpsings
03-16-2011, 10:43 AM
for a newborn the smalls would definitely be too big. My son wore smalls for almost a year (he was a skinny legged boy) but since newborns only last for such a short time, I would just use sposies or prefolds and covers. It is sad to have to buy all the new dipes when they grow out soooo fast!

Lady Grey
03-16-2011, 12:12 PM
My 9+ pounders could not wear the smalls. I did have a few XS's and really liked them.

arctic oak
03-18-2011, 09:10 PM
I've used fuzzis for 3 kids now. I REALLY liked the XS (so cute! comfortable. not bulky at all) but mine grew out of them after a month. We bought our XS on ebay cheaply and only got 7 of them so I didn't feel so badly that they didn't wear them for long. And they're still in great shape so I've passed them on to SIL.

I supplemented XS fuzzis with cheaper options until they grew into the small size at around 4 weeks... even the smalls didn't fit long before we were into a medium- about 4 months.

have you looked at the fuzzi one size option? It is narrower than the sized dipes and really adjustable so might work on a newborn and definitely still fit a toddler. i wish I'd bought them from the start instead of smalls and mediums before finally taking the plungs. they are not as bulky as a lot of other one size dipes I've seen.

Eesti
03-18-2011, 09:22 PM
my 10lb 9ozer couldnt wear the smalls until 1wk+

Maggirayne
03-20-2011, 03:37 PM
I used smalls on my 7 lb, 2 oz baby. :shrug3 They fit until about 4 months.