PDA

View Full Version : Oh.my.gosh.

TuneMyHeart
03-14-2011, 09:33 AM
Rockin green detergent is AMAZING.

I've had stinky dipes for as long as I can remember. One wash following the instructions on their website with RG, and they smell like NOTHING! :woohoo

Do I need to use this every time I wash them, or just when they smell funky?

I'm so excited. :lol

raining_kisses
03-14-2011, 09:36 AM
I use Hard Rock every time I wash. We have really hard water though.:shrug I am :nails to try another kind. Did you try a scented one? I just did, and I like it. Motley Clean. It's scented with EO's that wash out in the rinse, it's just for when you open the bag to do laundry.:giggle

Starfox
03-14-2011, 09:38 AM
I LOVE my RNG!!! I do a big soak/3tbs when they're smelly, but onle 1-2 tbs when they're not. I haven't had to do the big soak but probably 1 time since switching though. The stuff seriously rocks!!! :rockon

TuneMyHeart
03-14-2011, 09:40 AM
I bought mine from amazon, and the unscented wasn't available for prime shipping, so I ended up getting the raspberry. It doesn't have a smell at all though. :shrug I could smell it when I opened the bag, and that was it.

Our water isn't hard or soft.

BriansLovie
03-14-2011, 09:41 AM
:popcorn

musicmama
03-14-2011, 05:36 PM
:popcorn

Need a new detergent here...maybe I'll try it!

lovewins
03-14-2011, 06:48 PM
Whenever I noticed stankiness I washed/soaked per directions & you're right, they would smell like nothing! However, RNG makes my DD break out (boo!), and we had to retire it. :(

Stiina
03-14-2011, 07:03 PM
I love RnG too - I use it every time I wash - but you don't need to use as much versus if you're soaking.

You should check out For Mom And Keiki. She has the cheapest RnG out there!

LadyofReason
03-14-2011, 08:18 PM
I wish I could get Rockin Green to work for me. :( I just tried again and my diapers stink right out of the wash if I use it. Seriously just smells like I rinsed them and didn't use any soap. That was after soaking with 3 T even.

We have hard water, but use a saltless water softener. I was using Classic Rock because of this. I've tried Hard Rock too, and it didn't do any better. :(

Chaos Coordinator
03-14-2011, 08:25 PM
i want to try some of this. i think our detergent gives H a rash when he poops. i thought it was his poop. but even when changed almost immediately, he's still bright red - which makes me think enzymes. not sure.

okay i need to add this to my list of things to get before M gets here, since i can't hardly do laundry anymore at this point anyway (I can't reach the stuff at the bottom of the washer lol)

Waterlogged
03-14-2011, 08:51 PM
I :heart Rockin Green.

LadyofReason
03-18-2011, 07:34 PM
i want to try some of this. i think our detergent gives H a rash when he poops. i thought it was his poop. but even when changed almost immediately, he's still bright red - which makes me think enzymes. not sure.

okay i need to add this to my list of things to get before M gets here, since i can't hardly do laundry anymore at this point anyway (I can't reach the stuff at the bottom of the washer lol)

I had this with William and it turned out I had to take him off cows milk. Another thing that causes him trouble is too many grapes or berries (any kind) at once. I have to limit to a small handful of any one type.

Chaos Coordinator
03-20-2011, 04:05 AM
I had this with William and it turned out I had to take him off cows milk. Another thing that causes him trouble is too many grapes or berries (any kind) at once. I have to limit to a small handful of any one type.

he's already off cow's milk. and i've been trying to restrict his fluids to just water or my colostrum, little to no juice and absolutely no dr. pepper :doh - getting the rest of the household on board has been more difficult.

but the thing is, in a paper diaper he doesn't really have the same issues. he gets skin irritations everywhere else from the scratchy paper, but his bum and his scrotum dont get as irritated.

twentysixcats
03-21-2011, 02:09 PM
I was so excited to try Rockin Green! I used it about 2 months and then DD just got horrible rashes with it. I switched to another detergent, and she's fine. I feel like I am constantly battling rashes, though. I love cloth but the rashes are getting OLD.

AngelaVA
03-21-2011, 02:52 PM
Intriguing...It is like the other one's like Charlie's where you area supposed to wash all of your clothes repeatedly the first time to get all the the bad detergent yuckies out? That's what's always stopped me from trying the crunchier detergents before.

TuneMyHeart
03-21-2011, 02:59 PM
Intriguing...It is like the other one's like Charlie's where you area supposed to wash all of your clothes repeatedly the first time to get all the the bad detergent yuckies out? That's what's always stopped me from trying the crunchier detergents before.

I didn't do that with either of those detergents. I like Charlie's, but it gives my DH rashes so I can't use it on our clothes, and we still had some major stinky dipes with it.

raining_kisses
03-21-2011, 03:11 PM
No, I would just "rock a soak" the first time useing RG. It doesn't say anything about multiple washings.

TuneMyHeart
03-21-2011, 03:14 PM
I didn't even soak them. I have a frontloader and can't easily soak. I just followed the directions on their site for my particular washer, and they came out stink-free.

Can'tTurnLeft
03-21-2011, 03:21 PM
I LOVE Rockin green! It is by far the best detergent, conventional or crunchy that I have ever used.

musicmama
03-21-2011, 06:57 PM
:think