PDA

View Full Version : I want new diapers

TuneMyHeart
03-11-2011, 01:49 PM
The diapers we're using have been passed down to us from friends and are really falling apart. :giggle They've been well loved. When AK potty trains, most of them really need to be retired. I have lots of prefolds in the attic I can use for this baby, but after using fitteds for the last 5 years, I really don't want to use prefolds. :O I looooove fitteds and wool. :heart

I'm also tired of my 5 year old covers and am dying for some new ones. But buying new diapers for the last baby is just silly, right?

Somebody talk some sense into me and tell me that prefolds are awesome. The bonus is they're already paid for! ;)

BriansLovie
03-11-2011, 02:39 PM
Use the prefolds and when you know the gender (are you finding out??) buy some really cute covers :)

Serafine
03-11-2011, 02:43 PM
I have prefolds and fitteds (goodmamas and clovers...so some of the best on the market, I hear :shrug) and both DH and I strongly prefer the prefolds.

We primarily use the fitteds for in the diaper bag (I have a set that I keep only for the DB) and if we run out of prefolds in the house.

Eesti
03-11-2011, 02:50 PM
i bought new dipes for our last baby...not crazy

solatido
03-12-2011, 05:06 AM
Do you sew? You could make pre-fitteds!

HomeyT
03-12-2011, 05:14 AM
i actually love prefolds with a cover over AIO. i find they are more versatile and cold stuff in better :) seriously i do! if you already have the prefolds, all ya need are some wraps, and you can get those relatively cheap and you'll be all set!

but, if you insist on the AIO it'll still be cheaper than disposables in the long run...and you can keep them for more babies....or gift them/sell them...and bless someone else with them!

or buy a few AIOs for trips outside of the house, and use the prefolds at home. i did that at certain stages

zak
03-12-2011, 05:30 AM
If they are falling apart, you don't have much choice. ;) :shrug3

I'm going to have to buy some new prefolds soon. I've been using this same set for 3.5 years now. They are getting really ratty/stinky.

I LOVE prefolds and covers. :yes They are cheap (!!!) and easy (!!!). ;)

Are you going to find out the gender? You could wait and see and then buy some cute covers like the pps mentioned. :heart

MarynMunchkins
03-12-2011, 07:09 AM
I have cute small boy covers that were used a handful of times before they were outgrown. :shifty

I thought it was silly to buy Tater Tot new AIO's at a year, but those are the diapers I've been using for most of the last 7 years. :duck

TuneMyHeart
03-13-2011, 07:21 PM
I thought it was silly to buy Tater Tot new AIO's at a year, but those are the diapers I've been using for most of the last 7 years. :duck

La la la, I can't hear you. :P~

This is so the last baby.

and of course, we'll find out the gender. :giggle we have no patience here, and I'm a planner.

BriansLovie
03-14-2011, 06:24 AM
La la la, I can't hear you. :P~

This is so the last baby.

and of course, we'll find out the gender. :giggle we have no patience here, and I'm a planner.

Boy, boy, boy!! But I think three little girls would be alot of fun too :)

2sunshines
03-16-2011, 05:47 AM
I'd buy some new ones. :shrug3

Even if it is your last, you're still going to get enough use out of them from *this* baby to justify the expenditure. If you ever doubt, just run the sposie cost calculation and you'll feel justified. :giggle

doubleblessings
03-16-2011, 05:55 AM
what kind do you want :shifty