PDA

View Full Version : So, if your (almost) 3 yr old was dry for 3 weeks...

iheartsam
03-08-2011, 05:09 PM
Would you let them sleep in undies? :think If not, how long would you wait?

graceandmercy
03-08-2011, 05:11 PM
We ended up waiting almost a year before I was brave enough to let them sleep in panties at night! :giggle (we co-sleep) They would for naps though when they would take one.

iheartsam
03-08-2011, 05:13 PM
We ended up waiting almost a year before I was brave enough to let them sleep in panties at night! :giggle (we co-sleep) They would for naps though when they would take one.

Oh! I should clarify... He's been daytime dry for a year and a half. He was only wearing a dipe at night... Or is that what you meant too. :shifty

Codi
03-08-2011, 05:17 PM
Oh totally. :yes I started off putting a towel under the sheets to protect the bed though. :)

mountainash
03-08-2011, 05:42 PM
Yeah! I would. I taped a chux pad under the fitted sheet.

iheartsam
03-08-2011, 06:47 PM
Well, I just put my boy to bed with undies on for the first time... aaaand I forgot to put something underneath him! :doh He does have a wool soaker on but that's leaked before over a pocket dipe :giggle He sleeps on a full size bed so I may be able to get something down where he's not currently laying. He's a thrasher so he'd be there eventually... :pray4 he has a dry night!

TuneMyHeart
03-08-2011, 06:51 PM
Yeah! I would. I taped a chux pad under the fitted sheet.

this is what we did too. hope he stays dry tonight. :hug

SamRose
03-08-2011, 06:52 PM
:yes
You can either get a waterproof mattress cover, or just a large pad, even reusable chux, to put under them in case of accidents. :tu

swimming with sharks
03-08-2011, 06:57 PM
Buy a waterproof mattress pad and go for it. He'll be SOOOO PROUD and it will go MUCH smoother if there is an accident, if you can say "No biggie, it's just some pee, we'll just put this in the wash and you can try again. :tu It's amazing how fast they grow up, huh? :hug :heart

iheartsam
03-08-2011, 07:32 PM
Buy a waterproof mattress pad and go for it. He'll be SOOOO PROUD and it will go MUCH smoother if there is an accident, if you can say "No biggie, it's just some pee, we'll just put this in the wash and you can try again. :tu It's amazing how fast they grow up, huh? :hug :heart

Yeah, I actually teared up tonight watching him play with dh and knowing he was going to wear his big boy undies to bed. :O I said to dh "I can't believe he's almost 3. :sniffsniff" He said "Don't get any ideas." :giggle How can I get any ideas when I have a 4 month old? :snooty Silly man. :shifty

Beth1231
03-08-2011, 07:34 PM
Yup! :yes

I started the "you must try to go pee pee before storytime" rule right around then though :wink And there was the ocasional nighttime acident, but rare.

Codi
03-09-2011, 12:28 AM
Yes, going potty before bed is a MUST here. :yes I should add for ds it is a must. Dd, not so much. She has much better bladder control even though she is 3 years younger.

MomtoJGJ
03-09-2011, 05:13 AM
Mine have all been different, but at that old and going for 3 weeks, if he's sleeping by himself I'd go for it! :) waterproof sheets at wal mart are less than 5 dollars. They don't last forever, but they do the job.

The only reason I haven't put DD4 to bed in undies is because DD3 still soaks a pull up every night. She's almost 4.5 and has had a grand total of 3 dry nights in her life. :( It's not going to be long before DD4 doesn't want to wear a pull up any more. She's only been wet twice overnight in about a year. So if DD3 were to go 3 weeks without wetting (or 3 nights) I'd put her to bed in undies and a waterproof sheet.

graceandmercy
03-09-2011, 09:46 AM
Oh! I should clarify... He's been daytime dry for a year and a half. He was only wearing a dipe at night... Or is that what you meant too. :shifty

They were day time and night time dry for about 18 months before I got brave enough! They pretty much figured it all out about the same time. They wore big girl panties during the day and nap if they took one and put a diaper on at night. They asked me to wear big girls panties to bed one night and so we did!

iheartsam
03-09-2011, 01:49 PM
He was dry last night! :phew :woohoo Tonight I'll put something underneath him though. :yes Thank-you for the encouragement! :heart

Soliloquy
03-09-2011, 02:01 PM
We did it for Simon even though he WASN'T dry overnight. He wanted to wear underwear to bed so we let him. He wet the bed a few times but then started waking up during the night to go.

graceandmercy
03-09-2011, 02:02 PM
We have the you have to potty before you go to sleep rule too! :yes

SamRose
03-09-2011, 04:32 PM
We have the pee b4 bed (or leaving the house) rule still, and I don't plan on it not being in effect for any kid til they're closer to double digits in age! :D