PDA

View Full Version : would you buy new ones?

Aerynne
03-08-2011, 10:36 AM
My cloth diapers (5 dozen prefolds) have been through 3 kids. We ec, so the third kid probably has another 6 months in diapers (if that- my other kids were out at 15 months). They still work. I have ripped shredded layers off some of them. Problem is that because they are literally disintegrating, and while that's not a problem for using them, they are getting white lint on my clothes, sheets, etc. I do have 1 dozen prefolds I bought when Kins was tiny and they are fine. So I'd need 2-3 dozen more. I have $40 in bday money I got for Kins from grandparents.

Also is there anywhere I could take the old ones where they could be recycled into another use? I don't want to reuse them as rags- they will just get white lint on everything I clean.

Would you replace them? I think I want more kids, I'm 31, and I don't have trouble getting pg. But sometimes I think if I didn't have more kids, I could give more attention to the ones I have.

Hermana Linda
04-02-2011, 10:32 PM
Did you make a decision on this? :hug2

Aerynne
04-03-2011, 09:05 AM
Yes, I decided not to (yet). I might still, but for now I'm just dealing with it.

Hermana Linda
04-03-2011, 02:50 PM
I would probably wait until I got pregnant and hope to get some as a gift. :think But that's just me. :shifty

Aerynne
04-03-2011, 04:08 PM
I don't get a lot of baby gifts, but I could budget for some if I get pg again.

Hermana Linda
04-03-2011, 04:17 PM
:yes That is what I would do. :O

2sunshines
04-03-2011, 04:21 PM
Personally, if you have the money, I'd buy new ones.

Prefolds are so cheap. And if you consider how much you've saved over sposies you're so amazingly ahead, even if you bought brand new prefolds with each kid.

Getting lint all over everything wouldn't be worth the hassle to me.

What if you just bought one dozen new now, then bought another dozen or two when/if you have another kid?

AngelaVA
04-03-2011, 04:28 PM
Me too, I would get new ones, you will pay what you would spend in a month using sposies.

JustMandy
04-03-2011, 04:30 PM
Can you sew? Since they are still absorbant, I'd sew new layers to the outside to keep the lint inand make them last longer.