PDA

View Full Version : FuzziBunz disintigrating?

Sonata
02-18-2011, 04:58 PM
Anyone know if there's any remedy for a pocket diaper, where the plastic inner layer is kind of coming apart from the outer colored part?

FamilyLove
02-18-2011, 05:02 PM
Not that I could find. Mine have been doing that a lot recently. Are yours by chance under warranty still?

Bookworm13
02-24-2011, 10:34 AM
Anyone know if there's any remedy for a pocket diaper, where the plastic inner layer is kind of coming apart from the outer colored part?

I wish I knew. I've had 2 FB that have done that very thing. :(

MomtoJGJ
02-24-2011, 11:03 AM
you can go to the camping section of like walmart or similar. There is a waterproofing spray there. Turn them inside out and be very careful to not spray the fleece part at all and spray the inside of the colored part.

Jessica
02-24-2011, 11:06 AM
I've had one do this and another is starting to. Subbing... I wasn't sure if there was a way to fix them.

november
02-26-2011, 02:29 PM
I dont have a remedy. Are they within arranty? If so, send them back.

I bought a bunch of them in November. Half of them have delaminating PUL already. I am so disgusted with them. They are such CUTE, functional diapers - but they can't even hold up to 3 months of light use? I dont even use the dryer! My BGs took a lot of abuse for about 8-9 months and they are in WAY better shape than my FBs are in just 3 months. So aggravating. I'm told it's a common problem w/ FB, unfortunately.

mamacanuck
02-26-2011, 02:44 PM
I've had this problem too. :( It's too bad, they are so cute and easy to use otherwise... Maybe I will try the waterproofing spray. :think
most of mine just leak straight through the diaper now if ds even pees once in them. :-/

november
02-26-2011, 06:33 PM
I just counted, and out of 18 BRAND NEW diapers (less than 3 mos old!!) ... I'm sending 8 of them back. What a rip. :(

Annainprogress
02-27-2011, 08:18 AM
Maybe it's the new ones cos I haven't had it with old-style :shrug

I have read in connection with Motherease wraps that tumble drying on hot for 20 mins can sometimes rejuvenate the pul (kinda melting it back together I think) so that could be worth trying for anyone who won't be able to return.

Blue-EyedLady
02-27-2011, 08:35 AM
For the record, I did have this happen with BG 2.0 diapers, but that was after at least a year of heavy (daily) use. I never did find a way to fix it.

For the waterproofing spray, I have some concerns... Does the waterproofing spray wash well? Could I just spray it on any fabric and call it a diaper cover? Are there any wierd chemicals that would interact with pee and poop and cause problems (rash, fumes, etc.)?

MomtoJGJ
02-27-2011, 02:29 PM
We sprayed some regular fabric and it held a pile of water for 3 weeks before it ripped.... without drying out.

With diapers it's always worked for about 6 months for me. I guess if you were doing the regular fabric you might want to give it several coats before you use them. Like spray, let dry, wash and dry, spray, etc.

Once you let it dry there are no more fumes... it's made to go on tents and sleeping bags, etc, so it's actually made to be right by your face. There's obvious smells as you are spraying it and before it is dry though. You want to spray in a well ventilated area.

And as far as rash and all, it's on the inside of the outer part of the diaper. None of it should ever touch your child. So I don't really know? We've never had anything weird with it?

Sonata
02-28-2011, 10:00 PM
That's a good idea; I'll try it.

I'm pretty happy with the FB overall. I used them for over a year of hard use before a few started to break down. Then I realized that maybe I'm not supposed to put them in the dryer with the liners.... oops. So now I'm just air drying them, and hopefully the rest will last longer. I'm sorry you had such bad luck with yours!