PDA

View Full Version : What is the most creative thing you have used?

Mama Rophe
01-21-2011, 10:40 AM
Title says it all. What have you used for a diaper that wasn't meant to be used as a diaper?

We use recieving blankets as flat diapers. That's about as creative as it gets around here. :shrug3

I've heard of others using tea towels as flats also. :think

joystrength
01-21-2011, 10:48 AM
I've "stuffed" with microfiber dish towels.

And a pair of baby pants, once, on a long stretch of rural highway when tiny DD had a blowout and optimistic (yet not novice!) mom thought she didn't need that pkg of sposies! HA!

raining_kisses
01-21-2011, 10:49 AM
Medical tape when we forgot the snappi and had no pins. We just wound that sticky but not too sticky tape around his prefold, then put a cover on. Why yes, you know your a redneck when....

Sundance
01-21-2011, 10:52 AM
Well, once after being FAR from home with no diaper bag, and DD had a major poop....we used the car seat to absorb any potential accidents. :shrug3 Does that count? FTR, I don't think she used it.

LoveIsGentle
01-21-2011, 11:02 AM
Well, it wasn't really ME, but when ds1 was about 2.5, he decided he didn't want to use the diapers we had and instead fashioned himself one by putting legholes in the bottom of a plastic bag and stuffing toilet paper inside once he put it on. :giggle

Mama Rophe
01-21-2011, 11:10 AM
Well, it wasn't really ME, but when ds1 was about 2.5, he decided he didn't want to use the diapers we had and instead fashioned himself one by putting legholes in the bottom of a plastic bag and stuffing toilet paper inside once he put it on. :giggle

:roll:haha

Dandelion
01-22-2011, 06:14 PM
:lol I love that ingenuity, Sarah:heart!

I have, in desperate roadtrip need, used whatever clothing I could scrounge up in the car:shrug3.

JustMandy
01-28-2011, 07:41 PM
I knew a mama once that said she would ask ppl for old t-shirts when she was at their house with out a diaper. I have filed that away for myself.

I have used recieving blankets as well.

ThirstyTurtle
01-28-2011, 07:45 PM
After ds3 was born and DH went back home to bring ds1 and ds2 to the birthing center, he forget to bring a diaper bag with him. Ds2 needed a diaper change, so we used a t-shirt in place of a pre-fold in the diaper cover.