PDA

View Full Version : what happens when an AP'd colicky infant grows into a toddler...

Chaos Coordinator
01-18-2011, 06:28 PM
:)

going through all the baby bins, i pulled out some old pacis of ours. H picked them up and sucked on them and then, trying to get them back before they disappeared, i told him something along the lines of you dont need a paci, pacis are for babies. are you a baby? he said "Yeah, baby." then let out a fake wail, then gave me a hug and rubbed my arm and gave me a kiss.

he did this over and over last night, and again this morning. its like he was replaying it in his mind. baby cries, baby gets comforted by mama, baby feels better. although his pacis haven't seen the light of day in almost a year.

:grouphug for any mamas who've dealt with colicky babies, and :woohoo for AP'ing them through it

Waterlogged
01-18-2011, 07:59 PM
:hug

allisonlindberg
01-18-2011, 09:07 PM
Very sweet.

When my DD was born, my oldest son asked if he could nurse (he was 4 and was weaned at 14 months...) I wasn't sure what to say, so I said yes.

He lifted up my shirt and put his cheek up against my upper chest way above my breast area and snuggled against me. After that, anytime he asked to nurse, I definitely said yes.

Parenting in a different way gives you different results.:D