PDA

View Full Version : Imse Vimse Wool Cure vs Lansinoh?

passthemanna
12-14-2010, 03:51 PM
I've used Lansinoh but not Wool Cure...I need to lanolize all the wool covers I just knitted and I'm nearly out of Lansinoh...so I'm just wondering which product works better or which will give me the better value for my money. I can buy both locally so I'd rather not order anything.

SweetCaroline
12-14-2010, 04:18 PM
well.. i used to HATE Now brand..but its not really that bad. is it just too cheap?

passthemanna
12-14-2010, 05:39 PM
well.. i used to HATE Now brand..but its not really that bad. is it just too cheap?
I haven't heard of that one. I'm just looking for something I can buy locally and I don't think I've seen that in stores here.

iheartsam
12-14-2010, 05:56 PM
I've used both and honestly, I used get spots with the lansinoh, but then again I found out I probably wasn't doing it quite right... This go round I thought I'd try the wool cure. Loved it. It does require more steps but I feel like the end product was better. I had a lot to do and would do 2-4 at a time. If you do go with the wool cure, it doesn't say in the directions to really shake up the wool cure with some warm/hot water, but I recommend doing that to get it mixed well. HTH!

SweetCaroline
12-15-2010, 12:25 PM
is there any way to get the spots out? i have some covers that look really shabby due to spots..then my son sitting in dirt. i've even tried shout :shifty

iheartsam
12-15-2010, 01:09 PM
is there any way to get the spots out? i have some covers that look really shabby due to spots..then my son sitting in dirt. i've even tried shout :shifty

I don't know of any way to get the spots out. :shrug3

passthemanna
12-15-2010, 03:30 PM
have you tried Dawn dish soap and warm/hot water? It took a few washes, but that worked to get some greasy spots out of one of ds covers (though it was already felted so I wasn't too worried about using hot water). I would think if the spots were just lanolin running hot water right on the spot and scrubbing a bit would melt it off :shrug3

SweetCaroline
12-15-2010, 04:26 PM
have you tried Dawn dish soap and warm/hot water? It took a few washes, but that worked to get some greasy spots out of one of ds covers (though it was already felted so I wasn't too worried about using hot water). I would think if the spots were just lanolin running hot water right on the spot and scrubbing a bit would melt it off :shrug3

:dohyeah. you're right. i usually wash on cold. duh.