PDA

View Full Version : *Quick* - Talk to me about (large) Fuzzibunz vs. one-size

jubles
12-09-2010, 09:07 AM
So we have always used one-size nappies/diapers until now (Bumgenius and Happy Heiny) but to be honest R only just still fits them (Happy Heinys better than Bumgenius). She is tallish, but not very tall, and fairly slim. She turned two at the end of September.

E is chunky, and has been consistently longer than R at each stage so far. I realise that as she gets more mobile she will probably thin out, but we're somewhat concerned that we're already finding the middle size a little tight for her in the one-size nappies. She's only four months!

We're moving to Africa next month and need to take everything we need with us. I've seen a good deal for Fuzzibunz large (no extra large available). I've never used sized nappies/diapers before. What do you think? Is it a good idea to get some in case (as I suspect she might) E outgrows the one-sized ones? Do you think large would be OK for a child on the 95th percentile for weight and length?

Please reply - it's a deal and I need to decide fast before the offer is off.

JessicaTX
12-09-2010, 09:18 AM
I have large fuzzibuns (old style) that I've been using on my grandson since he was 9 months old. He still wears them on the exact same settings he was using then, and that was 11 months ago. (snaps meet in the middle and second closest snaps for his thighs) And he is a chunky short guy. I've never used the one sized ones*, but I totally see the larges getting us through potty training.

*one sized ones in this case meant one sized fuzzibuns.

LoveIsGentle
12-09-2010, 09:23 AM
We had large FB (the old style) with ds1 until he potty trained, and he was 3.5 before he finally decided to do it. He was only around the 5th percentile, though, but I would imagine larges would probably last until potty training for most kids.

I know lots of people rave about them, but I have two of the FB one-size and I don't like them at all. They're the diaper that stays in my drawer unless I'm completely out of the others. I normally love OS diapers, but I just can't make myself like those.

jubles
12-09-2010, 09:35 AM
Thanks! The deal is for the older colour range - don't know if it's just colour or style that's different too. That's encouraging to hear. I'm really more of a one-size person normally as I don't see the point of spending extra money on lots of different sizes, but need to be prepared rather than just waiting and seeing in this case.

Question: does anyone have some large Fuzzibunz AND some Happy Heiny or Bumgenius one-size. Are the large Fuzzibunz actually bigger than the BG or HH on their largest setting if that makes sense?

LoveIsGentle
12-09-2010, 09:41 AM
I don't know anything about HH, but I know ds1 could still fit into the large FB when there was no possible way the BG would fit him. I don't remember just how much bigger, though.

JessicaTX
12-09-2010, 11:37 AM
I have no happy heiny one size diapers, I have bumgenius 2.0 one size, they are on their max setting while the large fuzzibuns are on their almost smallest setting.

Jessica
12-09-2010, 12:05 PM
The large FBs we have are bigger than the OS BGs. My bigger dd N is 31 lbs now and close to outgrowing our BGs, but she's still on one of the tighter settings for our large FBs. I love them! The elastic has held up much better on them than the 2 OS FBs we have, too.

lilcrunchie
12-21-2010, 02:07 PM
I have some old pointy tab FBs (from about 6 yrs ago!). SOme have had the elastic repaired, some need to be repaired.

My 9 month old fits well in our mediums right now but I think the perfect sized FBs have changed fit in recent years, no?

I was wondering if anyone could update me on how the fit is these days as compared with the old style?

I'm on the fence about whether to order mediums,petite toddler (my oldest used a lot of PT as he had a long rise...), or try the one size dipes. DS2 is 75th percentile for weight IIRC. 21ish lbs at 9 months.

Maggirayne
12-21-2010, 02:23 PM
What does your E weigh? I'm mildly amazed that he's out pf them, but them my best friend had a huge baby who was out of them, she used the Larges and then the XLs for awhile ad then ended up using sposies.

My petite girls wore the medium Fuzzibunz for at least a year, I can get my 3 yo in one if I have to, we do diapers for nighttime. E was 21 lbs at 6 mos to 18 mos and is 23 lbs at 3.5 yo. I think the rise was the bigger issue.

jubles
12-22-2010, 05:13 AM
E weighs about 18/19lbs (guess as she hasn't been weighed for a few weeks). She's not actually out of bumgenius yet, but we are pretty sure she won't fit them by the next time we are in the UK and before she learns to use the potty. We are moving to Africa next month. That's why I need to get something now. R is a much slimmer build than E and we found that the bumgenius weren't an amazing fit once she hit about 16-18 months. Mostly because her height, as she is taller than average. E is right about at the 95th centile for length and weight, so I'm pretty sure she'll need something bigger.

Anyway, I ordered them. Had to go for the actual Fuzzibunz website in the end as the deal had ended, but I think it's worth having to pay international shipping. Just waiting eagerly for them to arrive now, but given the horrendous weather we've had here in the UK, and how all the transport has been negatively affected, not sure when that will be, though they left the US a few days ago.