PDA

View Full Version : Cloth diaper funny

Amythestmama
12-06-2010, 09:11 PM
:giggle I worked for 2.5hrs this afternoon and my 16yo sister babysat my kids. I came home to find the baby had been completely changed- every stitch of clothing. I figured he'd spit up or something. Then sis says "I don't know how you stand cloth diapers! I changed him when he woke up from his nap and by the time he'd finished his bottle, he'd soaked all through his clothes! At least I had a blanket on my lap!" I was :scratchso I checked his diaper. She had put on a fitted diaper and no cover.:shifty:lol:lol:lol I shouldn't laugh so hard but the last time one of my sisters watched Q, they put a pocket diaper on and then put a stacinator cover over it.:lol So I guess its all or nothing!

PDX Mommy
12-06-2010, 09:14 PM
LOL, that sounds like something my ILs have done! Oh, and they would always put Evan's dirty clothes into the diaper pail (but not the diaper, LOL) even though I specified which was which.

graceandmercy
12-06-2010, 09:20 PM
:giggle

raining_kisses
12-06-2010, 09:20 PM
yeah those covers are kinda important.:giggle

Waterlogged
12-06-2010, 09:25 PM
oops. :)

unfortunately, in my CD zeal, i have thoroughly confused DH....:sigh he doesn't understand the fitteds...

PDX Mommy
12-06-2010, 09:26 PM
oops. :)

unfortunately, in my CD zeal, i have thoroughly confused DH....:sigh he doesn't understand the fitteds...

Mine doesn't, either. :giggle

Waterlogged
12-06-2010, 09:34 PM
but the fitteds are going to be handy for PLing, so I'm keeping them. :snooty

Annainprogress
12-07-2010, 02:09 AM
Oops :giggle

Mum2Es
12-07-2010, 02:53 AM
:shifty I think it's a bit mean that you're laughing (although I know it is a gentle affectionate laugh)...unless you had given her a lesson before? Cloth diapers are complicated, I have had to be shown how to use them when sitting for CD users!

Heather Micaela
12-07-2010, 03:03 AM
:shifty I think it's a bit mean that you're laughing (although I know it is a gentle affectionate laugh)...unless you had given her a lesson before? Cloth diapers are complicated, I have had to be shown how to use them when sitting for CD users!

Show positive intent. This is her sister and they likely both had a good laugh at it. Amythestmama for realizing there was a learning curve she should have mentioned and her sis for not thinking about a cover. It is just a cute story

blessedmamaofmany
12-07-2010, 04:51 AM
LOL!!
After years of CD'ing..my beloved always asks if X and Y go together when changing a dipe. There is a learning curve for sure!

Maybe once your sister learns you'll have a new convert!

solatido
12-07-2010, 07:07 AM
:giggle Last time DS got a diaper change in the nursery I told the person in charge that cloth was easy, you basically needed something to soak up the pee and something to keep it in (a cover). I neglected to mention the existance of pocket diapers and there was one in there, so when I came back DS was in a pocket diaper with a cover over it.

Oh, and I hadn't said anything about what to do with a poopy dipe and she had rinsed everything out by hand :blush which is totally unnecessary. When I apologized about that though, she was like "it's no different than cleaning up after my 4-yo has an accident." :shrug3

I'm thinking of writing up a little brochure: "Cloth Diapering 101" for situations like these so I don't have to remember everything while running out the door. Not in a condesecending way, of course, just so the info is handy for whoever needs it.

Johns_Gal
12-07-2010, 09:35 AM
I'm thinking of writing up a little brochure: "Cloth Diapering 101" for situations like these so I don't have to remember everything while running out the door. Not in a condesecending way, of course, just so the info is handy for whoever needs it.

Yes please. :shifty Cause yeah.... I totally would return someone's child all kinds of backwards and wrongly diapered. :lol

Mum2Es
12-07-2010, 01:52 PM
Yes please. :shifty Cause yeah.... I totally would return someone's child all kinds of backwards and wrongly diapered. :lol

:yes Oh yeah, write the brochure, solatido!

HeatherMichaela - I was assigning positive intent, did you miss my bracketed comment?

DoulaClara
12-07-2010, 01:57 PM
:giggle I can see some people I know trying to do that!

And hey, a little pamphlet is a really good idea!

AngelaVA
12-07-2010, 01:58 PM
I showed my step mother about 10 times how the diapers work, and she still took my DD out to eat with only a fitted diaper, no cover, and no extra diapers or clothes. It was a quick trip :giggle

Heather Micaela
12-07-2010, 02:09 PM
:yes Oh yeah, write the brochure, solatido!

HeatherMichaela - I was assigning positive intent, did you miss my bracketed comment?
You still called it "mean" - I do not find that positive :shrug3

DoulaClara
12-07-2010, 02:17 PM
;) Let's keep this thread light and fun, and take the rest to PM, okay? :heart

LadyofReason
12-07-2010, 02:57 PM

If you do, please share. I have no idea how to get info across to MIL. I can't even get her to check a diaper before 4 hours. My poor 11 year old has to insist that they check him. She even had MIL argue with her about it once. :hunh (and it turned out he was poopy. Poor DD1 was so upset about the whole thing)

Niphredil
12-07-2010, 03:00 PM
:giggle

Someone once went and bought a pack of sposies once because they couldn't figure out N's cloth diaper. It was a BG AIO. :doh

solatido
12-07-2010, 03:30 PM
I actually have a good start on it! Should I include some folding how-tos or keep it simple- just tell 'em to set a partly folded prefold or flat in the cover (that is actually what I have but wanted to add this just for the more adventurous)?

Barefoot Bookworm
12-07-2010, 04:21 PM
:lol My dad always puts them on backwards. Cracks me up.

Heather Micaela
12-07-2010, 06:59 PM
;) Let's keep this thread light and fun, and take the rest to PM, okay? :heart
That is what I was attempting to do, remind the poster that the OP WAS being light. There really is nothing left to put in OP. My reason for responding a second time was to explain why I felt I *SHOULD* remind that poster it was in fun. Nothing more or less and no hard feelings at all.:shrug3

solatido
12-07-2010, 09:01 PM
How does this (https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B16GmspDT004Y2E3NWU1YWQtYTUzZC00ZGJlLWEyYzI tZjYwMjdkMzVkMjgz&hl=en&authkey=CPne_Bg) look? Sorry it's sideways :O You can right click on the page and save it as a pic and turn it :shrug I'm too sleepy to mess with it tonight.

And would someone mind telling me if you can figure out my google username with it? I signed out and couldn't find it, but maybe I'm missing something.

Heather Micaela
12-08-2010, 12:47 AM
How does this (https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B16GmspDT004Y2E3NWU1YWQtYTUzZC00ZGJlLWEyYzI tZjYwMjdkMzVkMjgz&hl=en&authkey=CPne_Bg) look? Sorry it's sideways :O You can right click on the page and save it as a pic and turn it :shrug I'm too sleepy to mess with it tonight.

And would someone mind telling me if you can figure out my google username with it? I signed out and couldn't find it, but maybe I'm missing something.
CUTE!

MiriamRose
12-08-2010, 01:05 AM
This stuff always makes me laugh!! Cloth instantly made sense to me when I started using it. I find it absolutely baffling that so many people are so confused by it! I have to breathe deep and remind myself to be patient instead of staring and exclaiming, "where did you leave your brain this morning?!" Cuz well...that would be rude. :P

LadyofReason
12-08-2010, 12:25 PM

Looks great!

Amythestmama
12-08-2010, 10:25 PM
:rockon That brochure looks great!

It was certainly all in fun, my laughing about it that is. My sister was laughing too. She said "I knew I forgot something but I didn't know what.":lol She said "He(Q) kept looking at me like 'What is wrong with you? Don't you know how to put a diaper on? What's taking so long?'":giggle She's changed my LOs before since I've cd'ed the the last 3, but not on a regular basis. As my sisters get older they go get regular jobs and then the next one in line becomes the baby-sitter for us older girls who have babies so each sister has had to go through this learning thing. I made it easier for her by sorting out the pockets and saving them aside for her to use while I'm working.;) I have to admit that I don't really think about giving a diaper changing lesson b/c as the oldest of 9 kids growing up, it was part of every day duties.:giggle And I forget that this sister is child number 8 and was probably only 5yrs old when #9 was potty trained so she never had that experience growing up!

Mum2Es
12-11-2010, 11:46 PM
Angelisa, I want you to know that I didn't think you were being a horrible human being, I was being light hearted in my original comment. Online interactions lose the body language aspect of IRL interactions.

If you had told me the story IRL I would have said "ohh, don't be mean, she did her best" with a :giggle:wink and you would have gone ":giggle I know" and neither of us would have given it another thought.

As it is, I've avoided this thread for days and spent that time agonising over PMing you to explain. I do hope I didn't offend you! :hug2

DoulaClara
12-12-2010, 09:58 AM
;) The internet, and online typing, do not nearly do us all justice, eh? This is a very good example, I think, of the cultural differences between different countries, varieties of humor back and forth across "the pond," etc.

LovinBeingMommy
12-12-2010, 03:48 PM

I'm so going to print that and put it in my diaper bag! My mom and I are literally the only ones who can figure them out and it took my mom a long time. She still doesn't like them and Silly Monkey always saves poops for when she's babysitting. lol!

lilcrunchie
12-21-2010, 02:29 PM
LOL!

We've CDd three kids now and my parents (who babysit on occasion) are sitll totally clueless. I keep 1-2 AIOs handy and hope for the best. Sometimes my 6 yo has to talk them through the diaper changes (how to do the snaps on something like a prestuffed FB, which I would think is not that complicated :giggle

Annainprogress
12-21-2010, 05:21 PM
LOL!

We've CDd three kids now and my parents (who babysit on occasion) are sitll totally clueless. I keep 1-2 AIOs handy and hope for the best. Sometimes my 6 yo has to talk them through the diaper changes (how to do the snaps on something like a prestuffed FB, which I would think is not that complicated :giggle

Well I think so too but the number of times one of them would come out of creche with one poppered wrong :giggle