PDA

View Full Version : i'm hoping this fixes them!

notjustashley
12-04-2010, 02:29 PM
right now, my dipes are soaking with some rockin' green (hard rock). i am hoping that this detergent does the job. i miss our fluff and really don't want to do sposies full time.

sillybeans
12-04-2010, 05:00 PM
I hope it works for you! Rockin Green is the ONLY thing that works for us. We still have some issues though, so I ordered some of the new Funk Rock...my dipes are currently soaking too, I hope it works!

notjustashley
12-05-2010, 12:38 AM
thanks. ...funk rock...i haven't heard of that one yet. what is that one good for?

sillybeans
12-05-2010, 10:18 AM
It's supposed to help with ammonia problems, which we have MAJORLY!!! You us it in addition to the regular Rockin Green (whichever formula you choose). It's kind of expensive though, so I stocked up during the Black Friday sales! I really hope it works (I haven't tried out any of the diapers yet, so we'll see).

JenLovie
12-05-2010, 12:54 PM
Once I finish our bottle of Bio Kleen detergent I'm switching to Rockin' Green. I don't want to wait, but we have too much of the BioKleen for me to toss. I've heard awesome things about Rockin' Green.

notjustashley
12-06-2010, 01:45 AM
tomorrow we will see how it worked. got everything...dipes, covers, wipes, liners, inserts...soaked, washed, rinsed, and dried.
it's all folded and put away. i feel sort of silly that i am so excited to use our cloth diapers again. like, almost giddy. they're just diapers...
i miss her fluffy little bottom.

silly beans - i hope the funk rock works for your dipes. i have a friend who has some recurring ammonia problems, so i'd love to hear how it ends up working for you. thanks for your comments :)

notjustashley
12-16-2010, 01:21 AM
well. over the past week, i have rocked two soaks, done two wash cycles, and rinsed the heck out of our stash. had the baby in sposies to clear up her skin. this afternoon, i put her in our new econobum prefold and when i changed her...a little redness. like, irritated-from-her-poo redness. so i figured clean bottom and dry dipe will calm down the skin. no such luck :cry
she was crying by the next diaper change. i don't know how much diaper drama i can handle. we need to size up our prefolds, but i don't want this to happen again in a few months.

...she's also teething right now. has been for a while now. all four :jawdrop of her top teeth are coming in. poor bud. could that be another factor of the rash/irritation? it clears up in the sposies (which i actually like. we use naturebabycare. not easy to get, or the cheapest. but they're good to her skin and my green heart feels good about using them.)

i don't want to give up on our cloth. i love everything about them. except this stupid rash/irritation. i fought so hard to convince my husband that using cloth was a good idea. and now it's seeming so much like one :(

baby waking...

bec28
12-16-2010, 05:06 AM
We had/have major issues with stink, and DS was getting red also, if I waited too long in between changes. I was using Rockin Green and Oxy Clean and Calgon (a water softener) in every single load, and nothing got the stink out. I finally decided to boil my prefolds (15 minutes each) and that worked. They don't stink anymore. I got the rockin green and calgon after the stink had already started, so I'm hoping that now, with the stink gone, if I just use them regularly, they'll keep the stink away.

Good luck! I know how frustrating it is .

notjustashley
12-17-2010, 12:40 AM
thanks.
so, i'm wondering if it's something i can't think of. we don't have a stink problem. i was really wanting to love rockin green and have some magical results like most of the stories you hear. it's just not happening.
i will try the boiling. did you do them one at a time? what about pul? microfiber? i've got some bum genius also. (which i actually thought were the original culprit. sensitive skin...)

wish there was a "that was easy" button for this! :scratch

bec28
12-17-2010, 03:20 AM
I only had prefolds to boil, I'm not sure I would boil pocket diapers or AIOs. My pot was only big enough to fit 2 diapers in at a time, so that's what I did. Boiled for 15 minutes, and I replaced the water in the boil after about 2 or 3 boils.

If you're not having stink issues, I'm not sure what I'd do. Is it just that she's getting a rash? I know with DS if he's in a wet diaper for too long his skin gets red and sometimes rashy. Since I only have prefolds, I took a fleece blanket we weren't using and cut it up into pieces the size of the prefolds. Whenever he gets a little red, I line the prefold with the fleece, and it keeps his skin dry and gives the reddest time to clear up.

I don't know if that's helpful, but I hope something works for you. I know how frustrating diaper issues are :hugheart

MomtoJGJ
12-17-2010, 06:23 AM
My kids have all gotten red when in pf's if they were wet. I never used a liner and as long as it wasn't bothering them and just red (not rashy) I just let it go. If it started getting irritated looking we went bare butt and I stripped the diapers (just with hot water, not anything extra except vinegar)