PDA

View Full Version : selling and pricing cloth diapers

mommie
11-26-2010, 02:45 PM
So I've deciced to sell some of ds dipes. And I'm. Having a tuff time.
I know pics help but its really not an option.
I have ten dipes 5 fuzzi bunz ........4 med .....1 one size
1 mums bums cameo med
1 gad med
1 swaddlebees cow print med
1 bum genious large
I want to wash them really good before I sell them. They are clean I. Just think maybe I should strip and wash .
Also I'm having a hard tim pricing I want to sell as a lot and was thinking maybe 75 for all ten which would include shipping. How does my price sound?
What's the rule for princing?

AngelaVA
11-26-2010, 03:13 PM
I am not sure because I don't use those kinds of diapers but what I would do is look up the new prices and then subtract 25%-50% off of those prices depending on what kind of condition they are in.

If pics are not an option you may want to try to sell them locally to someone who can look at them, it is possible that you'll sell them online but harder.

mommie
11-26-2010, 04:08 PM
Based on what you said. My dipes are about 50 % off I think they are in good condition. And figure since pics are hard unless someone wants me to email them I would price lower and include shipping.
I forgot to add
1 knicker nappie size med so there is ten.
After I was them again I expect them to be in better shape. Is ok to oxy soak them?

mommie
11-28-2010, 11:36 AM
I managed to post some pics of them onDS. Hurray! But I would really like to try and get the stains out as much as I can. The price I have them listed. For makes it to be an average of 8 a dipe wich I think is good. And it includes shipping so the pric is actually under 8. Do you think that's goodM or am I underselling?
Any tips for the stains? Besides sunning?

mommymidwife
12-03-2010, 06:10 AM
I've bought and sold a ton. The major thing I do first is to research the going rate for a similar condition dipe in the same brand. Sometimes a certain thing is "hot" and you can get more for it. Be completely honest about staining level, elastic, etc. But to be honest, I never buy a diaper online without pictures and if I open and thread with no pics, I pass it by. If pictures are not an option, Craigslist might work better for you.

mommie
12-03-2010, 06:24 AM
Thanks I did manage to get pictures posted. But they aren't really getting any interest. But I geuss patience is also good to have.

mommymidwife
12-03-2010, 06:30 AM
It also depends on time of year. Right now, the dipes probably won't sell because people are spending their money on Christmas gifts. After Christmas, when people have Christmas money to spend, sales will go up again. I give a bump every day to the sale thread, and after about a week, if there are no bites, I drop the price a couple bucks.

bostonsmama
12-03-2010, 04:26 PM
I would also suggest not selling them as a group. Individual priced dipes always seem to go much faster. I, for one, would not buy all of them, but I'd possibly buy one or two. :yes

(and I know you're not trying to sell them in this thread, but just a reminder that that's not allowed :hug :heart)

mommie
12-03-2010, 04:48 PM
Thanks.
I recently just priced them all out seperatly. I think it is just the time of year and possibly my seller status affecting me in a negative way.
I am going to try to add pics of each individual diaper because even though I'm not sure why I think individual pics help sell dipes quicker.
Any advice on cleaning? I can't sun right now but believe some of the dipes would sun out. Are there any winter alternatives?

mommymidwife
12-03-2010, 05:41 PM
Thanks.
I recently just priced them all out seperatly. I think it is just the time of year and possibly my seller status affecting me in a negative way.

Do you have feedback anywhere? Ebay?

mommie
12-03-2010, 05:56 PM
yes I do have feedback. Both on ds and ebay.3 for ds and 14 for ebay all positive. But ebay is mostly me buying. Also ds switched rules and you have to have fsot status and this thread was made before that rule. So I am waiting to hopefully get accepted into the fsot. Which I'm sure will help me . I figure if it doesn't sell maybe when ds is potty learned I sell all of them then..