PDA

View Full Version : Orange edge GMD prefolds...

iheartsam
11-12-2010, 12:56 PM
are pure awesomeness. :shifty :giggle

I went back and forth on whether or not to even get these since ds was almost 8 lbs and I had heard that if you have bigger babies, you might not even really need this size. I am SO, SO, SO glad I got these. And dd weighed 8 lbs 12 oz. :jawdrop These diapers snappi'd under my recycled sweater wool soakers are PERFECT! And they are so cute that I almost don't want to cover them up! :lol But my soakers are cute too, so... :giggle

So, this post is for those of you on the fence about whether or not to get this size... I say get them! :yes ;)

Hermana Linda
11-13-2010, 09:06 PM
:ty for sharing that. :heart

abh5e8
11-13-2010, 10:10 PM
:yes oh yeah...we are lovin ours right now too!

tofufoofoo
11-13-2010, 10:21 PM
:think Awesome! I actually *just* posted a question about what I need/don't need to buy for the new baby. I :love 'ed GMD yellow edged for DD but I sold/traded them all for her current diapers/paypal :doh

I guess I just have to justify buying new diapers (and maternity clothes... why don't my old maternity pants fit me :hissyfit :scratch) by reminding myself/DH that we don't have to buy ANY clothes for this new baby! I can't wait to see her in all of DD's clothes :heart and my lovely neighbor is giving me *everything* that her 5 mo. old DD just outgrew. :rockon

The orange edge look sooo cute and snug to me. How many are you going through per day?

iheartsam
11-13-2010, 10:45 PM
The orange edge look sooo cute and snug to me. How many are you going through per day?

I have 2 dozen and that seems good but sometimes I feel like I could use another half dozen. I'd say we're going through 10-12 a day. I'm washing every other day.

abh5e8
11-13-2010, 11:17 PM
i have 36...thats awesome. but i also use them to stuff some of the OS pockets for ds. i agree with teh 10 - 12 per day. ds hates to be wet...so i end up changing a lot.

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

alison, i was going to suggest the GMD orange edge on your kushies thread, but i didn't want to impose :giggle

tofufoofoo
11-13-2010, 11:24 PM
I loved prefolds with a EBF NB because there was no toilet-dunking. I just threw them in the wash. We did use sposies in the hospital (provided for free) for the meconium poop but I have liners I suppose I could use those from the get-go?

I was just on GMD and a dozen of the orange edge are $21. Wouldn't hurt to have them on hand! Maybe I will look for some on Diaper Swappers. I will need a couple of covers anyway...

Here I go.. I was promising myself not to buy any more diapers but... :)

ilikestrawberryjello
11-15-2010, 05:09 PM
I just recieved my yellow edged GMD in the mail today! I decided to forgo the orange, I was worried they wouldn't fit long enough...:nails I bet they are cute though! Maybe I should order some of those too....:yes

iheartsam
11-15-2010, 06:06 PM
I just recieved my yellow edged GMD in the mail today! I decided to forgo the orange, I was worried they wouldn't fit long enough...:nails I bet they are cute though! Maybe I should order some of those too....:yes

I'll say this. We cd'd ds but didn't start right away because we were using a diaper service and their diapers didn't fit him until later. So, this is my first newborn cd experience. Even if these had only worked for 2 weeks I would consider them worth it. :yes They are just the right size and I'm not a fan of folding down the front... And dd is now back up and over her birth weight (8lbs 12 oz) and they're still working for us, with room to spare. I feel like they are so economical, it's worth it to have them. Mine were a gift though, so that's easy for me to say! ;)