PDA

View Full Version : the diaper is ginormous!

JPeriod
10-28-2010, 03:59 PM
Heaven help me. :shifty Just pinned my first GMD flat on my 2 weeker, which was a feat in itself, but only one of the wool soakers I made actualyy fit over it! And it is HUGE! There must be a better way.

and I think she already pooped. :shifty

:nak2

easygoinmomma
10-28-2010, 07:59 PM
:think Have you tried youtube for different way to fold them?

milkmommy
10-28-2010, 08:05 PM
how big is baby.. No way no how did a flat diaper fit my bitty one as a newbie.. I can fold a flat diaper down super tiny I have some awsome flat folding skills :giggle but one I folded a flat (even a gerber) down small enough to fit my tiny ones there is more fabric than the entire mass of my baby...
We had luck around 3 weeks in the 6lb range and some milk to fill out her toothpick thin legs

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/Ceciliasmom/newborncloth/100_1683.jpg

Deanna

JPeriod
10-29-2010, 11:47 AM
Just went youtubing. I was trying a small kite fold, but with jelly rolling the edges, it was still so bunchy and nearly impossible to pin. :shifty I really should have bought a snappi! :doh

I saw an oragami fold that might work. The two pees and one poo she's had in the three flats I tried immediately went through all the layers. :scratch Really not as absorbant as I thought these flats would be. She was 7.5 at birth, but could be close to 10 lbs now with my primitive home scale weighing method. :shifty

I could only find one pinning tutorial. That's the hardest part for me. I stuck the pins through soap. :scratch But should I enter through the bottom tab or the tob tab side first? I get it in, but angling it back out is the challenge. Then it's all loose once I get it pinned. :shrug

milkmommy
10-29-2010, 11:51 AM
Pins were another thing I couldn't use on a newbie the pins were bigger than her width so son matter what they'd bee too loose... While the snappi was also the size of her torso it still worked a lot better.

Deanna