PDA

View Full Version : Please help me quickly! re: slings

Little Forest
10-03-2010, 07:35 AM
I am about a month away from giving birth again. I have a mei tai carrier that I used on my last DD and a Hug-a-Bub (a knit cloth wrapping type) that I have just gotten as a hand-me-down, but I have in mind that I would really like to have a sling this time for the first couple months (instead of carrying the baby upright).

I spent a little bit of time trying to read up about slings, but honestly, it makes my head spin and I don't have the mental energy to figure out what do to. And we are about to move house 2 1/2 weeks before the due date, yikes!

So, can you please suggest to me a good sling that I can order quickly? My mother is leaving in 3 weeks to come for a visit so I am able to order something in the US and have her take it to me.

Psyche
10-03-2010, 07:37 AM
Maya wrap sling?

Dana Joy
10-03-2010, 07:38 AM
http://www.mayawrap.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=100003&UnitCde=1&Desc=Lightly%20Padded%20Sling&VendorDesc=&Search=N
You cannot go wrong with a Maya Wrap, and they ship pretty quickly, have a great return policy and a hotline to help you.

Katigre
10-03-2010, 07:42 AM
I would say either a pouch or a mayawrap LP ring sling (make sure it's a LP shoulder!)

MamaCare
10-03-2010, 08:37 AM
I loved my pouch slings, and never did like a ring sling as much. My faves were the New Native for Girlie, and the Kangaroo Corner Fleece (adjustable!) for the boys. (It was so warm and cozy in cooler months... I loved it. If you're somewhere hot, though, probably will make you too warm!)

Maggirayne
10-03-2010, 08:52 AM
I second the KKAFP or a ring sling from www.sleepingbabyproductions.com. My mom made me the pleated shoulder one from her pattern, and I love it. I also got a solarveil one, and it is nice!

abh5e8
10-03-2010, 06:55 PM
my fav is a sized pouch sling...its fleece, and I LOVE the bit of stretch. i think its a hotsling brand.

Little Forest
10-09-2010, 07:19 AM
I am just popping back to say thank you! Very helpful! I have just ordered a Maya Wrap so hopefully that does the job for me.