PDA

View Full Version : turning an EC corner with my younger boys...

zak
09-28-2010, 06:03 AM
DS2 is almost 3yo!! :jawdrop He's dry as dry can be while we are at home (he's naked most of the time, or in just undies). But when we go out - it's a pee fest. :-/ He'll just flat-out refuse to pee in the van (BBLP) while we are out. :( Tell me it'll click one day. Really. He's been in undies for.eve.r already, but this is wearing on me. (I do need to count my blessings that he's always poo'd in the toilet, never really been an issue except for a couple of poo strikes).

DS3 is 7 months old and I have been successful at catching 2 poops this week!! :rockon He's a silent poo'er, so this is a BIG deal! :giggle I've been EC'ing him since he was 3 weeks old w/o much success.

Here's to hoping to turn a corner with DS2 and that we keep the trend started with DS3!!!

eta: I am not correct with my DS2 no peeing while we are out. He WILL go on the BBLP, but on HIS terms. ;) He actually pees in the van (BBLP) a lot, but he's always got at least a little (if not soaked) pee in his undies.

I put a cover over the undies when we are out. Maybe I should stop doing that? Maybe that's "permission" for him to pee in the undies? :help

passthemanna
09-28-2010, 12:40 PM
:hug2 i don't have anything helpful to offer...i have the same problem w/ds, except he's dry when we're out, but will have lots of accidents at home. I know he "gets it" and could be dry 99% of the time...:doh

erh384
09-30-2010, 01:35 PM
:shrug maybe they *do* equate a cover with OKAY to PEE... we used brightbots or ec store waterproof pull-on trainers while out.

will your 3yo pee on a tree or outside the car when you are out? perhaps just bc its a special treat he'll be more likely to go that way... dd went through a similar phase- she'd go in a public restroom or on the grass/pavement but NOT in the bblp... go figure

:rockon about all the successes!!! hoping it'll continue!

zak
09-30-2010, 05:23 PM
Well.... he pee'd STANDING in a PUBLIC bathroom tonight at dinner! :jawdrop

:rockon DS2!!!

erh384
09-30-2010, 07:21 PM
Well.... he pee'd STANDING in a PUBLIC bathroom tonight at dinner! :jawdrop

:rockon DS2!!!

:rockon turning some serious corners now

LorenP
10-01-2010, 09:06 PM
my 1yo was great at ec until he became mobile. We have had about a 5m strike but are starting to come through.

I did notice that he didn't like being held over the toiler, or using the smaller potty (like a BBLP) so at home we use a bigger chair type potty that he likes much better. A favourite book really helps keep him seated until he can relax and go.

When we are out, if I want to EC him, he will only go standing up, so that is usually in the gutter or a garden. I am sure we look a treat in the supermarket carpark :giggle

What about standing and aiming into the BBLP. Worth a shot if you are somewhere that he can't just pee on the ground. DS1 went through a phase of doing this at home before graduating to the big toilet. He also loved aiming at bugs, or rocks or trash. Making it fun like this seems to help.