PDA

View Full Version : i bought some fleece, now what?

raining_kisses
09-10-2010, 11:43 AM
first of all, i had no idea was made form polyester. is that ok against baby skin? its better then sposies for sure.:yes but i was looking forward to having no chemical stuff next to his skin.

do you think i should try a night diaper without the fleece first(just prefolds) and see if ds is fine with it(i read here some babies dont mind the wet, and do mind the fleece), or just go with fleece fromt the start?

do i need to sew the egdges?

do i make it the same size as a prefold, or more like a big maxi pad size?

it says not to wash fleece in hot water, only cold. what do you do about that? and it says no tumbe dry. i plan on line drying as much as possible, but what about rainy days? can you tumble dry occasionally?

are yall sick of me in this forum yet?(and i dont even have my stash yet!!:shifty i have so much to learn, i :ptl i have you ladies as a resource. i doubt i would try cd if it wassnt for yall.:gcm

ps-my fluff(i love saying that!!) might still get here today. come on mr post man!!

Starfox
09-10-2010, 12:11 PM
You don't have to sew the edges of fleece because it will never unravel. I wash mine on hot and dry it all the time... the manufacturers just put washing labels on it that are the most gentle. It may pill up on the wrong side a bit, but the top should stay ok. It doesn't shrink or anything like that since it's poly, so I think pilling is the main issue with washing/drying.

My DS HATES feeling wet. I always have fleece between him and the absorbent layer in his dipe. As a bonus, poo rolls right off fleece! :thumbsup

I have friends that don't use it at all though. I think it's a personal preference thing. Oh, and buildup can happen on non-natural fibers more quickly than natural. I haven't had a problem with careful washing and soaking.

raining_kisses
09-10-2010, 12:20 PM
so do you use prefolds and a layer of fleece all the time, even day?

Waterlogged
09-10-2010, 12:59 PM
when dd was little, we used them all the time. now she's most in pockets or AIOs or fitteds, but when I do put her in a PF, I don't bother using a liner cause she doesn't seem to care as much. Now for night time, I do include some type of stay-dry liner (fleece or a doubler, or something)...

oh and i'd make them wide - like 5"w by 12"l

lalaithnil
09-10-2010, 01:17 PM
:popcorn

raining_kisses
09-10-2010, 01:52 PM
:popcorn
i love when one of my threads gets poppcorned. :shifty

lalaithnil
09-13-2010, 02:28 PM
:lol I bought some fleece this weekend to make liners, so I was hoping for some tips!

Waterlogged
09-13-2010, 02:57 PM
:lol I bought some fleece this weekend to make liners, so I was hoping for some tips!

it's easy. cut in strips, about 5inches by 12ish inches. no sewing necessary.

good luck. :)

greendelight
09-13-2010, 02:59 PM
I'm :popcorn too! Gotta get some fleece so dd quits getting rashes from the prefolds.