PDA

View Full Version : what does your system look like

raining_kisses
09-08-2010, 08:41 AM
for a diaper pail? whats works best? i plan on washing every 3 days.

JessicaTX
09-08-2010, 09:15 AM
I just use a laundry bag and toss the whole thing in the wash every 3 days.

abh5e8
09-08-2010, 09:17 AM
we have our laundry in our unfinished basement. i keep a plastic laundry basket at the bottom of the stairs and chuck the dirty/wet diapers down there. since its such a big open space, there is never any smell. then when its time to wash, dump them in.

once baby is eating solids and the poo starts to change, i dump all solids into the toilet right after i take it off baby.

when i tried to keep an open laundry basket for dirty diapers in my room or the bathroom, it smelled...because the rooms were so much smaller then my basement.

i wash every 2 - 3 days...more in the summer then in the winter.

Jessica
09-08-2010, 09:20 AM
I have a couple WAHMIES bags that I rotate out and keep in one of these from Ikea:
http://www.ikea.com/PIAimages/07937_PE084662_S3.jpg

LoveIsGentle
09-08-2010, 09:25 AM
I have one of those trash cans with a swinging top. I have a couple Planet Wise pail liners I switch out when I wash the other bag. So far, no smell, and it's in a pretty public area of the house. That may change when we move to solid foods.

MarynMunchkins
09-08-2010, 09:28 AM
I use a trash can with no liner. I just rinse it and set it out in the sun while I'm sunning diapers. :)

MaybeGracie
09-08-2010, 10:10 AM
Just a regular trash can, the kind you step on to open the lid. No liner. After I empty the dirty diapers into the washer, I spray the pail with vinegar/TTO and wipe it out with a rag, then toss the rag in with the diapers.

raining_kisses
09-08-2010, 10:37 AM
thanks ladies! ill let yall know what i decided on. im thinking trash can with lid, and some sort of washable liner. i dont want to have to wipe it out.

lalaithnil
09-08-2010, 10:56 AM
thanks ladies! ill let yall know what i decided on. im thinking trash can with lid, and some sort of washable liner. i dont want to have to wipe it out.

:yes this is what we do for wets. for poops, we rinse w/ the toilet sprayer, squirt on some bac-out, and soak in a covered bucket in the laundry room. Then we wash wets and dirties together. It works great for us! :heart

raining_kisses
09-08-2010, 11:19 AM
so you soak the poo ones? everything i read says store them dry until wash day...ds is still EBF(we give him food but he has yet to swallow any). does that make a difference? does soaking prevent stains?

gaaah, cding seems so complicated sometimes, and i havent even officially started yet. i know i will look back and laugh at how hard i made it, but for now :sigh

lalaithnil
09-08-2010, 12:31 PM
Yeah, but B has some formula and solids, so . . .:shrug3.
We had a problem with stinky dipes and I had a thread on it, and put our system together based on the responses of other gcms. If he's EBF, I doubt you'll need to soak, from what I've read. But our stinky dipes were a result of a combination of factors, and it took a combination of factors to work them out. We also switched to Rockin' Green and got our washer figured out, and no more stinky dipes - yay!

ETA: It is complicated to get your system worked out sometimes. :yes But you'll be fine. Just be ready for some trial and error and don't get discouraged.
And soaking the poos in hot water with a squirt of bac-out has made a big difference for us, so once he's on solids, you may find that necessary for you. :shrug3

raining_kisses
09-08-2010, 03:49 PM
well, we have rockin green, so atleast i have that figured out. thanks for the encouragement.:hug

erh384
09-10-2010, 12:50 PM
:popcorn gotta rethink/rework our system here... my small diaper pail only lasts one day.