PDA

View Full Version : Our EC is all out of sync!

Emerald Orchid
08-20-2010, 06:39 AM
We've gradually made progress since birth, catching more and more. But the last month is all in reverse. I try to pay more attention, but I miss more than ever! I put Tea Leaf over the potty, keep him there for 2-3 minutes and he does nothing. I put him down and not even one minute later he pees or poops on the floor! :doh I remember that Bamboo, at the same age (8-9 months) flat out started to refuse to have me potty him, so I stopped ECing him. What is going on?! I want to keep going and make this work with Tea!

MomtoJGJ
08-20-2010, 06:49 AM
We have also had them stop pottying for me around that age. I just started sitting them on the potty then, and celebrating whatever I happened to catch. I started putting diapers back on Evie at that point because I just don't have the time to deal with it when they won't potty, and she's nearly fully trained both daytime and nighttime now at 16 months.

I'll start calling her fully trained if we make it through our beach trip this next week wihtout regression.

swimming with sharks
08-20-2010, 07:12 AM
happens about this age :shrug3:yes:hug focus more on the communication, less on the catch and don't stress :shifty

Leen
08-20-2010, 12:34 PM
:popcorn

That's really interesting, about a regression around that age. The baby I watch is 8 mos and I've definitely been having a harder time catching things lately, and she gets upset when I sit her on the potty. I'm glad to know that it happens with other babies, too.

Emerald Orchid
10-15-2010, 06:34 PM
Well, apparently my baby has no idea that he's ECed from birth. :hissyfit It's been getting worse and worse and I'm excessively tired of picking up pee and poop off the floor. He has a bad rash too right now, so I'd prefer leaving him diaper free, but he just makes a mess.

I'm discouraged, I didn't EC from birth to then have to potty train later! :sigh