PDA

View Full Version : Is there a cloth diaper for overnight for 1st grader?

made4more
08-18-2010, 08:59 AM
I'm SO over buying these darned diapers. I dont know a thing about cloth diapers, but would love to have like maybe 3 for my dd's so I can quit buying these sposies. same with Julia, shes a 3t- they make them that size right??? where do I look!? thank you for helping me! :pray4

MomtoJGJ
08-18-2010, 09:19 AM
You'd just have to look at cloth diaper sites, find the kind you'd want to use, and then go with their measurements.

FWIW, my 3T DD can wear a medium Swaddlebees AIO on the biggest setting, a medium FB (pocket diaper of any sort really) on a middle setting, and a premium sized prefold with a bikini twist.

I could probably put the premium prefold on my 50lb 7yo but it would be close....

I honestly would not want to wash my 7yos diapers though :shifty she would have to be in charge of taking it off and putting it in the washer and rinsing it.... Just thinking out badly the 3yos diapers smell... made me switch to sposies for her at night.... ugh.

made4more
08-18-2010, 09:29 AM
that bad huh? ugh. it's aboug 20/month for these 2. i really wish it were an area we could cut costs. :doh

MomtoJGJ
08-18-2010, 09:32 AM
If I were really wanting to do cloth for olders I really would check the measurements on prefolds... they are the easiest to get completely clean and the smell not be so bad... They both (if they are like my 3 biggers) would be close enough that they could wear the same size probably. Especially if you pin them. And worse case scenario you could use them for a month and they'd probably pay for themselves or close enough so if you don't like them it's not that long to use them and you could sell them :)

tigerlily
08-18-2010, 09:58 AM
I used Antsy Pants with my 5 yo for a while. they worked pretty well. I think they only go to size 5 though.:think

I decided to just let her go in underwear at night, now. I put a very thin cloth (made for cribs) under her sheet about where she wets to protect her mattress. I'd rather change sheets 2 or 3 times a week than diapers.:shrug3

made4more
08-18-2010, 10:01 AM
well we were doing that for a while but it go to where i was changin her sheets every day and she woke up in the night to tell me she'd gone. sigh.. I spose we'll just stick w/ diapers and cut costs somewhere else.

Barefoot Bookworm
08-18-2010, 10:06 AM
I want to say FuzziBunz carries a size large enough for a 1st grader. I know they do for a 3 year old. BumGenius carries diapers that would work on a 3 year old too.

http:// www. lilbunz.com/store/WsDefault.asp?One=1593 That's the XL diaper.