PDA

View Full Version : EC & tummy-time pees?

delightedmama
08-16-2010, 06:28 PM
DD is 4.5 months old and has been doing part-time EC since birth. (Every time she wakes up, I take off her cloth diaper and hold her in a squat position, cueing for pee, then for poop. When I see her grimacing, I take off her diaper and hold her in a squat position, grunting as the poop cue). We've never had much success with poo's (she generally goes while sleeping, immediately before waking), but could catch 4-6 pees a day.

These past few weeks she's been developing all kinds of new skills so I wasn't too surprised she wasn't peeing much in the potty anymore (max 2 times a day), because she was busy doing other things. Particularly, she learned to roll over, and I noticed that she peed every time she was on her tummy (but not in the toilet, no matter how I adjusted the timing -- whether I took her to the toilet first or for tummy time first, she pees about 1-2 minutes after being on her tummy). This is a little annoying because if she's facedown, I can't see the pee to make the cue sound! But oh well.

Today, she advanced into rolling more than once. Back to front, then to back again, then to front again. Fun! But one strange thing happened: she still peed EVERY time she was on her tummy! She flipped over 6 times in 30 minutes, and peed all 3 times she was on her tummy. I thought this was a bit strange, especially since I took her to the toilet 3 times within this time as well, and she didn't pee in the toilet once.

Has anyone else had this happen before?

Emerald Orchid
08-20-2010, 06:34 AM
Yes, Tea Leaf did that all the time when he was younger. Now that he's mobile, he rarely ever pees while on his tummy (no more than in any other position).