PDA

View Full Version : quick please! cd prewash question

raining_kisses
08-15-2010, 06:59 AM
im finally prewashing my diaper trial! yay. a few of the item need to be prewashed and dried three times. i was wondering if i could through other things in the wash too. and what about drying with other things too? i hate to wash one or two diapers on HOT with nothing else in the washer. seems a waste. wwyd? thanks!

solatido
08-15-2010, 10:07 AM
Hmm... you could put your washer on the smallest setting. Oh, and alternate with reg. laundry so you can dry the stuff with other clothes. You could do stuff like socks and underwear (not bras)... or dish rags... dish towels... washcloths... things that get musty and could use a hot wash anyway.

Redeemed
08-15-2010, 11:03 AM
I just switched back to cloth and washed a few of my dirty dipes last night with a small load of white towels. :) Hope that helps!

BeachMama
08-15-2010, 11:04 AM
I've done that with towels. ;)

raining_kisses
08-15-2010, 11:52 AM
thanks ladies!! i wasnt sure so i didnt on the first two loads, but will for the next two. thanks!

(ps- :dance im fixing to put his first cd on when he wakes up from his nap. :woohoo)

Soliloquy
08-15-2010, 12:26 PM
Yes, you can, but NOT pocket diapers. You do not want to prewash new cotton diapers with pockets because the natural oils from the cotton will affect the pocket dipes. Towels or something is fine. :)

And, fwiw, I don't always dry between the prewashings.
Posted via Mobile Device

raining_kisses
08-15-2010, 12:41 PM
oh wow, im so glad i followed the directions they gave me then. i really wanted to wash them all together the first time. im so glad i didnt. thanks for explaining to me why you cant wash them together. :phew