PDA

View Full Version : Is this what EC looks like

Littledisciples
07-06-2010, 09:29 PM
Never tried ECing if that is a word. :giggle Tonight I got the idea to try it. No clue why. Well I fed the new bundle and then held him over a prefold and made a sss sound. Hard to explain. Well he went poop and pee. Not such a great idea LOL for pee need a bowl next time.:O So anyway it was kinda cool. Not sure if that was accident or instinct.:shifty But it worked.

WingsOfTheMorning
07-07-2010, 04:37 AM
:clap Yes.

MomtoJGJ
07-07-2010, 04:42 AM
yep, thats it!

Sundance
07-07-2010, 04:42 AM
Awesome!! It's not as hard as I thought it would be, we did it with DS for a short while, and he did amazingly. I was just not willing to be consistent enough with it.

Littledisciples
07-07-2010, 09:49 AM
Awesome!! It's not as hard as I thought it would be, we did it with DS for a short while, and he did amazingly. I was just not willing to be consistent enough with it.

With 5 + kids around I don't know if I can be either but hey maybe it will work for a once in a while thing. I was kinda amazed I did it a few more times and he went. :jawdrop He looked at me while I made the sound and just gazed in my eyes like thanks. It was crazy I guess you have to see to believe this really works.

WingsOfTheMorning
07-07-2010, 09:55 AM
I did it part-time for a long time, and I think that was still valuable! Just do what you can and have fun w/ it.

BarefootBetsy
07-08-2010, 04:52 PM
Yep! :yes As much as you can do it should help in the long run - especially if you're consistent about doing it once or twice a day like when your baby wakes up in the morning or from a nap.

erh384
07-08-2010, 05:17 PM
Yep! :yes As much as you can do it should help in the long run - especially if you're consistent about doing it once or twice a day like when your baby wakes up in the morning or from a nap.

Or after each feeding...

Iarwain
07-08-2010, 05:29 PM
That is exactly how it happened when I started ECing Rosebud at 2 wks old. It was kind of a whim. It was AWESOME and we never stopped. I didn't think I'd have time with 5 other kids but it turned out to be much less of a big deal than I thought it would.

delightedmama
07-08-2010, 06:10 PM

Originally we did full-time EC but then breastfeeding issues took priority... now we've been reintroducing it: first we just did when she woke up, then we added after each nap, now we also do just before bedtime, and lately I've also been doing a few other times like when she nurses and doesn't fall asleep yet (but it seems like it takes awhile after she nurses before she needs to go). That's all for pees; she has an obvious "poop face" that I catch when I can, but usually she poops in the early morning when we're both asleep! Anyone else with that issue?