PDA

View Full Version : Would You...

rachelserine
06-30-2010, 09:25 PM
I've been sewing up a stash for my babes and all my (non cloth diapering) friends think I should be selling them. :) I love making them but I'm not sure if they are something marketable. So... here are my 8th and 9th diapers ever. Let me know what you like/dislike and what kind of price you would expect to pay if it was something you would use. :)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y288/rachelserine/JuneDiapers7.jpg

Daytime fitted. The body is cotton velour and bamboo fleece with an outer of unbleached birdseye. (The birdseye because I had to use up my LL's flats but I love it cuz it's so snappiable, so durable and very absorbent.) The layers total three birdseye, three bamboo fleece and one velour. The diaper is based on the Very Baby One Size fitted. The soakers (3 and 4 layers) are sewn in and it still dries very fast. 17 layers in the wet zone.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y288/rachelserine/JuneDiapers6.jpg

No action shots of this one!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y288/rachelserine/JuneDiapers3.jpg

Nightime dipe - all bamboo fleece except the birdseye outer. 11 layers - 18 in the wetzone.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y288/rachelserine/JuneDiapers4.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y288/rachelserine/JuneDiapers5.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y288/rachelserine/JuneDiapers2.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y288/rachelserine/JuneDiapers1.jpg

So... what do you think? Love? Hate? Ideas? Thank you for your help! :D:heart

No idea if I would ever really sell them but just toying around with the idea. :shrug3

LadybugSam
06-30-2010, 09:46 PM
:tu

CapeTownMommy
07-03-2010, 04:39 AM
Wow - you're good! IDK about prices since I'm not in the US, but I'd buy those.

abh5e8
07-03-2010, 05:03 AM
cute! how much would they be? is that a NB size?

rachelserine
07-03-2010, 07:55 PM
Good questions!

It's actually a one size - my model is Adah, my 27 inch long, 15 pound seven month old. :) My 31 pound 35 inch tall toddler wears them too. They fit great! I was thinking that they might be around $12 each? I know when I was looking for one size snappiable fitteds I wanted some with organic material, velour and stuff but everything I found was around $25 so if I made them I would want them to be very reasonably priced. :)

Serafine
07-03-2010, 08:03 PM
umm...I would be happy to be a tester for some nighttime ones. :shifty I have a flood-gate wetter.

Those look really nice! :tu

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

eta: b/c I thought about it a little more...I think for an organic snappiable diaper that isn't fancy prints...$12 is a good price.

If you end up adding snaps/aplix/printed outers etc., then you would probably need to raise your prices a little bit, but these look good.

Littledisciples
07-03-2010, 08:09 PM
I think you could sell those for about $10-$15 each.

I think they are really nicely made. I am not fond of the liners being sewn in. I like them better when they are removable. However some people like them sewn in. That is just personal prefrence. I think that you could dye the flats first and make them more pretty with more color selections. Even ty dye would be cool. Some people will like them plain and some will like color. Just an idea. But over all they are a great looking diaper and could be highly profitable for you.

Mama Rophe
07-03-2010, 08:10 PM
I would say that $12 is an awesome price. I would say that if you want to sell them for that, you need to make sure you are being compensated fairly for your time.

hopeforchange
07-03-2010, 08:12 PM
those look really nice! :yes i'd be interested.

Chaos Coordinator
07-03-2010, 09:06 PM
ditto all of the above!!

:) :heart

GlacierLily
07-03-2010, 09:11 PM
I think they look great!

trustingGod2
07-04-2010, 09:31 AM
I would say $15.00 is fare and I would love to be a tester if needed they look awesome

Eesti
07-04-2010, 09:49 AM
I would say $15 at a minimum. I've spent some time sewing dipes and found it mostly isn't worth my time to sell them. I make them for gifts and for myself but it really isn't profitable at all.

rachelserine
07-09-2010, 09:40 AM
Thank you everyone for the advice!

So I need to finish team training days, get DH off to Ukraine and then India and while he's gone finish up my stash for my babes... and then I might sew up a few for testing. :) I'll pm those who said they might be interested. :)

Jillie
07-09-2010, 09:45 PM
Those look nice, and not too bulky. I'd love to help you test if needed :D

Starfox
07-09-2010, 09:55 PM
They're lovely! I'd totally want to test one too! (or would you wanna trade? I have these adorable giraffes... :giggle)

hopeforchange
07-10-2010, 04:52 PM
umm, i just realized that you have a 3 children 1 and under. :jawdrop how in the world do you have time to be making diapers??? :giggle

simplemama
07-11-2010, 01:42 PM
I love them! I'm currently not cding, but I am seriously considering the switch. The upfront cost and laundry are the only things holding me back. I would love to test your diapers. I love the birdseye outer, it looks so earthy and soft.

Chaos Coordinator
07-11-2010, 02:00 PM
I love them! I'm currently not cding, but I am seriously considering the switch. The upfront cost and laundry are the only things holding me back. I would love to test your diapers. I love the birdseye outer, it looks so earthy and soft.

i only wash twice a week and its kinda fun :)

also afa the cost goes, look for used diapers, ffs lottos (free for shipping), seconds/slightly irregular, clearance, testers, etc. i rarely pay full price and most "seconds" are because of something either not noticeable or barely noticeable! check out clothdiaperclearance.com and of course hyenacart.com (do a search for testers, seconds, clearance, and ffs)

Jessica
07-11-2010, 02:03 PM
Wow, very nice! I wish I were so handy like that. I think $15 is totally reasonable, and I'd be interested in testing if you get around to looking for any. :yes

rachelserine
07-11-2010, 07:08 PM
umm, i just realized that you have a 3 children 1 and under. :jawdrop how in the world do you have time to be making diapers??? :giggle

Hehe! Welll... I have a superdad for a husband. And I'm one of those freaky people who can't stand to just do nothing. Even when DH wants a date night and we're watching a movie I spend half the thing sewing! LOL! I see you have twins too - how were those first few months for you? I thought I would DIE. :hunh

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

Thanks! I :heart cding - and I even have to wash every night with the three in dipes. It is so fun. :) I agree, I love the unbleached birdseye - it is so soft and durable and just keeps getting softer in the wash!

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

Wow, very nice! I wish I were so handy like that. I think $15 is totally reasonable, and I'd be interested in testing if you get around to looking for any. :yes

I will let you know!! Random q - were you on the ivillage cuddlebugs board? :D

hopeforchange
07-12-2010, 05:00 AM
Hehe! Welll... I have a superdad for a husband. And I'm one of those freaky people who can't stand to just do nothing. Even when DH wants a date night and we're watching a movie I spend half the thing sewing! LOL! I see you have twins too - how were those first few months for you? I thought I would DIE. :hunh

yeah, those first few months are a blur! i can't remember half of it now, lol. but older child was 3, not 1. it must have been like having triplets for you!

rachelserine
07-12-2010, 09:00 AM
Hahah! I don't remember much either and they are only seven months! :P It is insane with my irish triplets but I love it. Instant family and they will all be out of the house by the time we're 42. :P

It's so hard with two to remember to cherish the moments that you have - so many kids needing love and attention at the same time. :)

dukeofhazzard
07-12-2010, 09:07 AM
I'd looove to test one!!

Jessica
07-12-2010, 06:27 PM
I will let you know!! Random q - were you on the ivillage cuddlebugs board? :D

Nope. I had to go check it out since you mentioned it, though. :giggle