PDA

View Full Version : Stinky dipes after wash

14yrslater
06-06-2010, 08:46 AM
My dipes are slightly stinky after washing. I just got brand new large dipes and even they slight stink after a wash. So - I don't think its detergent build-up. I use Nellie's and our water is soft. I do soak all the diapers in the washer first before the wash cycle to make them 'heavier' (because I have a front loader). I also wash them is super hot water and put them through numerous rinses. Any ideas on what to do ladies?

mamamonkey
06-06-2010, 11:55 AM
If it's a poopy smell (which I never had until we had a front loader), use more detergent and add some rinses. That's the only thing that worked for me.

Mrs.KLF
06-09-2010, 08:41 AM
You can also try washing them with a tiny bit of the blue Dawn. That should strip them of the smell!

~yogamom~
06-09-2010, 09:23 AM
blue dawn is what works for me. but i don't know if you can use it in a front loader? :nails

Chaos Coordinator
06-13-2010, 05:51 AM
sometimes the stink is a poopy stink....our best cure for that is either oxiclean (which as it turns out can damage PUL, so definitely dont use it every time you wash :shifty ) OR sunning. :) the UV rays will kill the bacteria/germies

14yrslater
06-16-2010, 09:26 AM
The smell is mostly an ammonia smell. My ds has the deadly 'toddler pee' now! I will definitely try the Dawn. Unfortunately I live in an area tha doesn't have much sun.

Anyone try vinegar before? How much do I use for a front loader? Also - has anyone tried Bac-out? Would that work with ammonia smell?

Chaos Coordinator
06-16-2010, 12:58 PM
if ur dipes smell like ammonia you probably have a build up of some sort. at least that is my understanding. have you tried stripping them?

14yrslater
06-16-2010, 02:12 PM
No - I've never tried stripping them. The Blue Dawn would do it right? I don't think its detergent buildup though as my brand new large dipes smell too!

How much Blue Dawn would I use in a front loader?

Chaos Coordinator
06-16-2010, 02:48 PM
i have no idea with a front loader. but the blue dawn is right. although especially since you ahve a front loader you want to make sure its the regular kind, NOT from concentrate.

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

errr concentrated. sorry i have lead-tainted juice on my mind lol