PDA

View Full Version : Got some old dipes... how to breathe new life into them?

solatido
05-29-2010, 09:42 AM
My SIL just gave me two grocery bags full of used cloth dipes that were given to her. She had enough and didn't want them. There are a ton of covers- some snapping, some velcro. There are 7-9 each of contours, fitteds, and doublers. And one AIO.

They are a little dingy but have a lot of wear left. I'm thinking of putting them in the sun for a day or so and then stripping them. The covers are especially dingy looking (is that the right spelling). I'd love them to be white again.

Would it be terrible to use oxi clean on them before stripping them? Or would it be ok on the cloth but not the PUL (or the opposite)?

They smell clean enough and I wouldn't really have a problem using them before stripping them if I get into a pinch.

I'm excited- now I have lots of options for diapering!! I may turn some of the covers into pockets, but haven't decided yet. I will definitely use some of the covers as swim diapers.

Yay for free diapers!!!!

Eesti
06-05-2010, 09:44 PM
You can def. use oxy clean. Some rec. covering them w/white vinegar in a tub or container and then putting in a scoop of oxy clean and letting them soak overnight. In the AM rinse and rinse and then throw them in the washer.

HTH.

abh5e8
06-05-2010, 09:56 PM
sunning will definatly help with stains or overall dinginess.