PDA

View Full Version : curiose about ec

raining_kisses
05-28-2010, 11:41 AM
im going to start cloth diapering in a few weeks(yay!:jump). i was thinking about ecing him for poops only. i totally know when he's about to poo, and its usually the same time everyday. do you think it would be worth it to ec him for poops only?(i just dont want to cleen poo dipes if i dont have to).

WingsOfTheMorning
05-28-2010, 12:08 PM
Yes! :yes I think any exposure to the potty is beneficial. We have gone through really lax EC stages and times when we do it a lot more.

I love that DD has known since she was a few months old that the diaper is not the only place to eliminate. She has known what to do on a potty for a long time. So these won't be completely scary or foreign concepts to her as she gets older.

And I understand about the poo dipes. :lol I think I can count on one hand the number of times I've wiped up a poo covered bottom and diaper in the last 6 months...maybe year...

Kernigemom
05-28-2010, 12:09 PM
Absolutely!:tu There is no rule about "all or nothing", it's really about finding what works for the both of you. I originally had no intention of EC'ing, but when Mobster was 6 weeks, he stopped pooping in his (cloth) diapers. He would wait until he was on the changing table to poop, and it got to where I kept a stack of rags there to catch it. Finally, after about 4 weeks of this, I got it that he had control over when and where he wanted to poo (at least to some extent) and that he cared whether or not he sat in it!

So go for it :rockon, esp if you know when he's going. Another thing that works for some is to offer a "pipitunity" at every diaper change.

It's quite exhilarating to catch those first pees and poos, partly because it is so amazing that it's possible and partly because it's so "out there" for most westerners - makes me feel a bit like a rebel :giggle

Meredith
05-28-2010, 12:18 PM
Definitely yes! Ford was pooping on the potty regularly a long time before he was out of diapers, and it was certainly worth it. He also tended to wake up with a full bladder, so we made a potty trip first thing in the morning a priority as well.

zak
05-28-2010, 12:26 PM
Totally worth it for just poo!! That was my only "goal" with ECing my boys. If I caught a pee, good for me... bonus! ;)

SamRose
05-28-2010, 12:27 PM
Of course it's worth it! Who wouldnt wanna avoid poop diapers when they can? And baby being familiar w/ the potty is also great. :yes

raining_kisses
05-28-2010, 12:36 PM
hmmm...im going to look into it. he also likes to poo when sitting up, so i think he'll really like this. my dh is going to think im nutso

SamRose
05-28-2010, 12:42 PM
hmmm...im going to look into it. he also likes to poo when sitting up, so i think he'll really like this. my dh is going to think im nutso

U know, I thought my DH would have, too. But he actually thought it was pretty cool, and he knew that the fewer pooppy dipes, the better!

raining_kisses
05-28-2010, 12:46 PM
true...who can argue with that?

BarefootBetsy
05-29-2010, 11:26 AM
Cool! So glad you're going to give it a try! It's totally worth it even for just the poop :yes I have a couple of friends who only EC'd for poop. It's nice, especially because they get more "regular" I think. Mine always ended up eventually getting in the habit of pooping while sitting on the potty first thing in the morning. Very convenient :D

WingsOfTheMorning
05-29-2010, 08:12 PM
Mine always ended up eventually getting in the habit of pooping while sitting on the potty first thing in the morning. Very convenient :D

Lydia had that routine for a while and I loved it. :yes She's not so predictable now, but at least she'll usually tell me she needs to go.