PDA

View Full Version : Snaps or Aplix?

Two Little Birds
05-22-2010, 09:02 PM
I am buying the new Grovia diapers soon and wonder if I should get the snaps or the aplix. We've only used prefolds and contours in the past with aplix covers so we don't really have experience with snaps. I wonder about the newborn and infant stage and if it will be difficult to get a good fit with the snaps.

Anyone have any btdt advice?

FWIW we will be getting about 4 in the aplix because the prints don't come in snaps.

Waterlogged
05-22-2010, 09:10 PM
Well, with BumGenius diapers, the aplix gets trashed really quickly - in fact, when DD was about 8mos old, I converted all her aplix BGs to snaps myself.

We still have a couple of aplix covers and 1 AIO with aplix. But for whatever reason, the Thirsties laundry tabs actually do their job so they've held up okay.

And, I'm pretty sure that pretty soon, DD would be able to undo the velcro, but it'll be a long time until she will be able to get the snaps undone...

All that said....I'm not sure how the Grovia aplix is designed - if it will hold up better than the BG velcro....

Eesti
05-22-2010, 09:16 PM
The new gro via applix is supposed to be pretty good w/improved laundry tabs FWIW. I prefer applix and don't find it to wear out super quick (except for bumgenious 3.0s). I don't think the gro via will fit right away really well on a NB anyway as an infant it should be fine (12lbs +).

TenderLovingWillow
05-22-2010, 09:22 PM
I have had bad issues with Aplix, so I always go snaps, but I have never used that brand. FWIW, I do love the aplix on the bummkins diaper covers.

BearyBlessed
05-22-2010, 10:17 PM
I prefer aplix because I get a better fit. I haven't ever had a problem with mine, though I know it does happen.

Waterlogged
05-22-2010, 10:25 PM
I think it depends on the kind of aplix, and the strength of the laundry tabs....

The BG aplix is notorious for biting the dust early.

milkmommy
05-22-2010, 10:29 PM
at least for now snaps jsut dont fit my LO well

Deanna

Aerynne
05-22-2010, 10:35 PM
I didn't feel like I got a good fit with snaps. I don't buy them with snaps anymore. IME, aplix holds up well. I have a bunch of covers that both of my olders wore for a year each (they were each in mediums from about 3 months to 15 months when we put them in training pants), so two years of use, and the waterproofness of the covers wore out way before the aplix. In fact the aplix is still fine but the covers leak so we won't be using them with Annika. They are proraps if that makes a difference.

Waterlogged
05-22-2010, 10:40 PM
Yeah, I really think it depends on the kind of aplix and design of the laundry tabs. Maybe I'm just against BG aplix. :shrug3

BearyBlessed
05-23-2010, 09:39 AM
Even my BG ones have done fine. But, I didn't use them constantly. They were my "going out" diapers only.

Barefoot Bookworm
05-23-2010, 11:13 AM
My BG aplix has always given out on me fast so I vote snaps.

Waterlogged
05-23-2010, 11:35 AM
The BG AIO aplix seems to hold up better.

cyndib
05-23-2010, 01:55 PM
Not sure about that brand, but I think snaps hold up better. My BG velcro is pretty much done, and am in the process of re-doing the velcro. Snaps are a bit tougher to get on a wiggly baby though. (my Fuzzi Bunz specifically)