PDA

View Full Version : EC'ing newborn intact boy

DoulaClara
05-14-2010, 10:26 AM
I've been watching for cues the last couple of weeks, and successfully caught a pee this AM in the BBLP! But, it kind of went over the little guard, and hit me on the leg (I face him out, hold legs and buns). I thought he was aimed down, and the way I was holding him would keep it aimed down, but as soon as he peed, it escaped. How do I do this w/o making a mess?

swimming with sharks
05-14-2010, 10:30 AM
del

zak
05-14-2010, 10:30 AM
I've not been successful with the BBLP with any of my three until they can sit unassisted. :(

I use my tub. :shifty I sit on the edge and pee/poo them from there. :tu Works for us.

I've EC'd Moe once in the BBLP and it got EVERYWHERE. :giggle

DoulaClara
05-14-2010, 10:54 AM
:phew thank goodness! I didn't EC Gianna until she was about 7-8 mos old, and so I thought I was a total EC failure. I'll just use the sink, I suppose, until he can sit up better. He really liked it! He was fussy and grunty, and I sat him up and supported his buns, and he peed all over quietly and happily.

swimming with sharks
05-14-2010, 11:02 AM
:rockon momma!

Calliope
05-14-2010, 11:58 AM
Ah yes, the pee spray, I remember it well. I used the BBLP from 7 weeks, but I always held him under the thighs until he could sit on his own.

marigold
05-22-2010, 08:12 PM
I held my ds over the sink as I could hold him under the thighs and point him down at the same time. Funny thing was sometimes it still sprayed the mirror:giggle I just kept lots of rags handy to wipe up after.

newday
05-22-2010, 08:33 PM
sink and tub here, and after they are a little bigger the toilet also.
I remember being a little nervous when Elijah was new and I didn't want to push his penis down, but well, I just didn't know quite how to direct everything. So, we were living with my in-laws, and I was asking Ted about how to handle this (scary) penis, when my in-laws come in to hear Ted say, "Well, you have got to hold it down. No, it won't hurt. It's not like you can just let it fly around like a FIREHOSE or something!" :haha The MIL about died laughing :tu

FlyingBlueKiwi
05-22-2010, 08:39 PM
I must admit it's beyond my admittedly non-crunchy imagination to understand why anyone would want their kids to pee and poop in their sinks and bathtubs. :jawdrop I can sort of understand not wanting to use diapers (although I can't personally imagine doing it unless my dc were outdoors), but isn't there any other way to EC that's less, well...disgusting? :bag

zak
05-22-2010, 08:43 PM
:shrug3 Not for my boys. I can't use the BBLP until they can sit unassisted - they are so unflexible it takes a long time for them to spread their legs that far.

I just keep my Shaklee Basic G near the tub and sanitize it after each use. It's easy. I'd much rather teach them to poo outside of the diaper than in. I've had two really easy PL experiences so far. :tu

fordboys
06-03-2010, 08:47 PM
when ds was a baby we had the same problem of getting it everywhere. Along with holding his penis down, using the tub and sink like others have said, we also bought the potty bowl that is sold at the EC store. It has a rim that for us kept the pee in. I may have still needed to hold his penis down but can't remember, been 5 yrs.

DoulaClara
06-04-2010, 10:29 AM
I'm finding that if I cross his feet in front of him, and hold him onto the bblp, I can sort of use his feet to aim him down now! Plus, he's getting older, so it's getting easier.

Re the sink, I guess I just kind of think- I'm probably going to end up washing baby pee and poop from my hands, so, it's just a grander scale.

zak
06-04-2010, 02:06 PM
I've started using our BBLPs too. I keep Moe's back to my belly and put the BBLP in my lap. It works pretty well. I'm not catching much so far. :/ But I'll keep trying. His poo isn't as predictable as the two olders were. :(

Aerynne
06-04-2010, 03:47 PM
When ds was a newborn, if I held him by the thighs with him resting against my body, I could sneak a finger around and hold down his penis.

iheartsam
06-05-2010, 08:27 AM
I must admit it's beyond my admittedly non-crunchy imagination to understand why anyone would want their kids to pee and poop in their sinks and bathtubs. :jawdrop I can sort of understand not wanting to use diapers (although I can't personally imagine doing it unless my dc were outdoors), but isn't there any other way to EC that's less, well...disgusting? :bag

Honestly, I'm just not that afraid of newborn, exclusively breastfed baby pee. :shifty Tub pee-er here too. Poop usually went in the BBLP because I could generally tell when it was coming. On occasion I would end up with ebf poop in the tub when we went to pee and oops we also pooped! :shrug3 You rinse, clean if necessary and on you go. We're not big bath takers, more shower people... I wonder if that has anything to do with it. :think

To the OP, I used the BBLP too and honestly I think I ended up with more pee out than in. And we started at 3.5 months... This is why we ended up using the tub a lot. Because we had a carpet and pee on the carpet is more gross to me than pee in a tub. Carpet is MUCH harder to clean! I want to get the babywunder potty. Its more pricey than the BBLP but it has a REALLY high pee guard! And the potty is CLEAR! So, you know exactly what's going on in there. :giggle I'm hoping to get one before baby #2 comes!

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

Oh no! They don't make the babywunder anymore!:impouting Sad day.