PDA

View Full Version : ahh such a torn AP mama

milkmommy
04-05-2010, 11:28 AM
My newborn naps and starts out the night in her crib... I've been I guess blessed to now have two kiddos that actually like there cribs.. Margaret is consistantly taking a 2 hour nap every afternoon and sleeps at night from 9pm-4am in her crib peacefull no CIO at all just happy peacefull sleep....
Then there is mommy who now wakes up everynight around 2am and checks her aby like every 5 mitues waiting in anticipation for any TONY little wimper so I can justify picking her up and snuggling with her the rest of the night in my bed..:shifty Yea I know my goals are kinda backwards... :giggle

Deanna

Barefoot Bookworm
04-05-2010, 11:30 AM
:lol My oldest two only coslept for the first 3 months because *I* wanted them in my bed. They sleep better in their own beds.

milkmommy
04-05-2010, 11:42 AM
:lol My oldest two only coslept for the first 3 months because *I* wanted them in my bed. They sleep better in their own beds.

:giggleCecilia deffiently did/does Marget is intresting she does obviously sleep well in her crib I mean I'm getting a 6-8 hours from her at night :jawdrop (and shes nurses soo well during the day gaining great thriving I don't knock it) but when shes does wake and I do bring her over shes is a TOTAL cuddler and snuggler she LOVES to snuggle during the day as well if however I try to start the night cosleeping she can't settle and gets upset.. Its like all my kids NEED that time and space but this one when shes had her fill is REALLY ready to cuddle.

Deanna

TrinMama
04-05-2010, 11:43 AM
:giggle I've been bringing #4 into bed with us more often, too. He also sleeps pretty well alone...but it's so wonderful to snuggle a baby. :heart

TuneMyHeart
04-05-2010, 11:50 AM
Enjoy your sleep! :hug I'm one of those who would use a crib if my kids liked it. But they slept better with me, so that's where they slept. We recently moved AK into her own mattress on the floor of our room, and she's sleeping really well in it. :rockon She usually ends up with me about half way through the night though.

cbmk4
04-05-2010, 12:58 PM
It's hard to not always be needed in the same ways we want to be needed by our children!

I'm still remembering the last days of nursing my youngest (and she's 5 now). I would've been happy to nurse longer but she was done at 22 months. I guess those stages are preparing us for the days ahead when our little ones grow up and leave the nest. Boo hoo--I'm already thinking of that with my oldest. *Maybe* she'll pick a college close by and commute. We'll see...

Maggie
04-05-2010, 01:05 PM
That is crazy! What a little sleeper she is! :heart

mwwr
04-05-2010, 01:42 PM
She's lucky to have a mama who loves her so much. :heart And you waited a mighty long time for this little one.

4MKfam
04-05-2010, 02:29 PM
:no This is how our younger two were. I kept a very regular nap schedule with them (based on my observations of 'tired' signals, not so much the clock, but they were regular by the clock within about 45 minutes, usually), and put them to nap and to bed for the first part of the night in their cribs. :shrug That just worked best for all of us. They slept from about 9p - 4a from about 8 weeks on with no CIO. I think the difference between our oldest and the younger two was that I'd learned sleepy cues better with them and they were just better rested. Our oldest --I kept her up way too much, and she is to this day a sleep-fighter.
I had no issues with my milk supply, which I kind of expected would happen when this pattern started, but I didn't -and I watched diapers and growth very carefully. When/if they fussed at night, they came in with us. But they slept better in their crib. With our oldest, not so much. She was much happier with us.

Karen
04-09-2010, 08:33 PM
My eldest was on a strict schedule and slept in her crib. All her doing. I was happy to go with the flow but that child kept that schedule to within 5-10 minutes. She spoke very early and by 10 months she would nurse then look at me and say, Nigh-nigh and she wanted to be laid down in bed. It was crazy. She just came out of her crib at a little past two and into a big girl bed because that is where she sleeps best.

Now my son....he will maybe sleep with me forever if I let him. :D And he sleeps ON me. His little legs are thrown over my belly and his face is pressed to my side. It is almost like he can't get close enough to me. It really is quite sweet.