PDA

View Full Version : Love at Work in the Grocery Store

mothersson2002
03-30-2010, 12:40 PM
I heard something in the grocery store the other day that was so wonderful and inspiring.
A mother with a couple of young children walked by me. I heard her say something like you are the best daughter ever, and to the son, Your the best son, then she said she felt like the luckiest mother in the world. The children were very calm in those few seconds I saw them.
☺Now imagine how it can be with all children treated equally as good.It is possible in God's kingdom.:heart

Liberated4Christ
03-31-2010, 09:15 AM
:heart I think that we as parents, don't give nearly enough compliments to our children. I try to give each of my children a compliment each day.

If my daughter bakes something, I tell her that she is becoming a great baker, and won't her future familiy be blessed!

My son is great at math, so I tell him he must be a geniese! He smiles and laughs. :yes

oneblessedmama06
04-02-2010, 11:14 AM
That's so sweet :) I try to compliment my children every day as well, though they are 19mos and 3, they still eat it up! I also tell them how much I love them and what special boys they are all the time! It makes me tear up a little when I hear/see another mom praising her child in public, it is so rare these days.

MomtoJGJ
04-02-2010, 12:11 PM
That is great! I've tried to really get in the habit of praising good behavior when we are out and about... and if DH is not with us, when we get home I tell him in a really dramatic tone in front of them and he really gets into it too. it has helped a LOT

mothersson2002
04-02-2010, 12:36 PM
Ya, you know that philosophy called the law of attraction. Well, in reality it comes from God.
Philippians 4:8 says:

"Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things".

Peridot
04-05-2010, 08:33 PM
That is great! I've tried to really get in the habit of praising good behavior when we are out and about... and if DH is not with us, when we get home I tell him in a really dramatic tone in front of them and he really gets into it too. it has helped a LOT

:yes :yes :yes

I do this too! When DH comes home I make sure to tell him in front of the kids how they helped me, or chose to obey, or did something nice.