PDA

View Full Version : Disposable Diaper ?

DoulaClara
03-28-2010, 11:34 AM
I've tried two different brands of disposables with Gianna during two times that CD-ing would have been impossible or impractical (once was a very rapid 9 hour trip to PA for a funeral, where we were there for a couple of days, and once was during a long power-outage, and we couldn't wash diapers). Both times, the diapers I used gave her rashes.

I'm trying to get some things ready for when I'm having this baby. I don't think the family member(s) that will be here when I am probably going to have the baby will want to deal with a toddler's cloth diapers, particularly the messy ones, and I also don't want any diapers to be unintentionally ruined (or any Snappi injuries, or whatever). So I'm going to give Seventh Generation the old college try.

Rambling story short- anyone use SG? What size would I need to get for a 2.75 year old? She's about 37 inches tall, and about 30 (probably more, now) lbs. She wears 3T and 4T pants, if that is helpful.

Serafine
03-28-2010, 11:39 AM
what about these:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/186-9085579-1212542?asin=B001PO6MWU&AFID=Froogle_df&LNM=|B001PO6MWU&CPNG=baby&ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001

Two Little Birds
03-28-2010, 11:45 AM
I would try size 5. That is what ds wears. Tbh I like the naturebaby care better if you can get them.

aleigh
03-28-2010, 12:26 PM
I'd say a 5 too.

I didn't like SG diapers. My DS used to get rashes in all disposables & SG gave her the worst rashes- weird. She didn't get a rash with the Huggies Natural diapers though & now she seems to be fine in whatever when we have to use a sposie.

Barefoot Bookworm
03-28-2010, 12:51 PM
I'd try 5 as well. It's a bit big on my kids (DD is about your daughter's size and DS is nipping at her heels) but it works.

mamajane
03-28-2010, 12:58 PM
Store brand has always worked best for us. The grocery store (king soopers) does have a slightly greener version now that seemed about the same, and no bleach, I think. The one time I used disposables from the health food store, they rubbed baby raw and I returned them:shrug3

RubySlippers
03-28-2010, 01:03 PM
We've tried the Seventh Generation diapers and I HATE them! :duck
The texture is horrible, the tabs are too fat, and they don't fit right.
Considering the fit, they may run smaller than advertised. :think
My main problem is that I can't get over the texture.
It's totally subjective, but they feel like those cheap, rough, brown paper napkins in bathrooms.
I can't stand that on my baby's bottom.
We use the Huggies Pure and Natural with organic cotton because they fit and feel better.
I'm still trying to get through the rest of the SG pack so that's it's not a waste.

DoulaClara
03-28-2010, 01:08 PM
Thanks, everyone! I think I will try out Naturebaby Care- I've never heard of them! I was just going to randomly stab in the dark that SG was better, but I'm not going to bother if other people have had issues.

Huggies brand anything, back when I was working in the daycare, used to make my arms above my gloves break out like crazy! I'm sure it's different now, but I'm still paranoid. I'm trying to remember which brand I tried, when. I know when the power was out, we just used the Walgreens brand, and those were rotten. Every one leaked, and she broke out in a big rash that had to be dealt with for days and days after.

RubySlippers
03-28-2010, 02:39 PM
Yeah, my 2nd child broke out with regular Huggies. :yes
I was leery about trying them for this baby.
I'm happy the natural ones seem to be fine on her.
Let me know how you like the Nature Babycare diapers--I hadn't heard of them either.

Cat
03-28-2010, 02:45 PM
we only use sposies. of all the natural diapers we like seventh gen the best. they don't leak.

Rabbit
03-28-2010, 03:30 PM
7th Gen has updated their product a bit, and I like it fine. But when we use disposables, we just Kroger Value diapers, in the yellow packages.

Katigre
03-28-2010, 06:42 PM
I really lilked Earth's Best disposable diapers when we were on vacation last year - they worked great, didn't give DD a rash, and didn't have a nasty disposables smell. If you have to use conventional disposables, Huggies were much better for us than Pampers (that smell :sick).