PDA

View Full Version : I love being a SAHM!

Mum2Es
03-11-2010, 02:38 PM
Right now, it's 8:30am. My girls are back in bed (we've been up since 6) together, still in their pyjamas, just chilling out and giggling together. :heart I love that we CAN do this, because no-one has to be at work, or school, or preschool. We have nothing on until dancing class at 3:45 this afternoon!

I also love that I'm not missing out on all the beautiful little moments that happen each day. The cuddles, the giggles, the dress-ups, the silly dancing, the "artwork"...I just love it!

And I also wanted to say that I may never have decided to follow this path if not for GCM. :heart:heart

prov31craftymom
03-11-2010, 02:43 PM
Me too! We also had a fun morning in bed today! :heart:heart:heart

bookworm-mama
03-15-2010, 07:39 AM
I especially love not having to drag my babies out in the cold and snow in the morning. I'm so thankful!

easygoinmomma
03-15-2010, 07:41 AM
:heart It's more rewarding too!

Wishing Well
03-15-2010, 11:35 AM
So sweet, thanks for sharing. :)

I love being a SAHM, too. It's amazing being able to pick up on all the little things I may not notice about my DS if we weren't together so often and so connected. New ways he tries to communicate, little words, and special little moments together. I miss him if I'm away from him for an hour, even if I was dying to get away in the first place. :giggle

Serendipity
03-15-2010, 11:51 AM
:heart

Me too!

Aerynne
03-15-2010, 12:10 PM
Me too :heart

Dd got to build bridges over her backyard trenches she dug the other day this morning. I'm lovin' on my new baby, reading to my kids, and so glad not to be at work or have kids at school.

passthemanna
03-15-2010, 12:16 PM
:heart me too! we did lots of cuddling today, planted seeds in the garden, went for a walk...i am so grateful i get to stay home!

ChristinaL
03-15-2010, 04:48 PM
Me too! We read books in bed this morning for a good 45 mins-- how nice not to have to frantically race out the door!

mommychem
03-15-2010, 10:19 PM
Me too! We woke up early at 7 to see Daddy off for a business trip, went back to sleep for 3 hours :giggle, ate breakfast at noon and enjoyed our day. I love it when family members (who don't always agree that I should SAH) call me over to show me that dd is doing something "new" that they've never seen her do before - they forget I'm with her all the time so I see her new tricks "hot off the press.":D

Mum2Es
03-16-2010, 12:29 AM
Me too! We woke up early at 7 to see Daddy off for a business trip

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to evict you from my thread. 7am is "early" for you? That would be an awesome sleep in for me. Evie wakes anywhere between 5 and 6am. :yawn

mommychem
03-16-2010, 10:45 AM
I'm sorry but I'm going to have to evict you from my thread. 7am is "early" for you? That would be an awesome sleep in for me. Evie wakes anywhere between 5 and 6am. :yawn
Yeah, we have a 14 mo night owl who is awake until 10:30 (or later) almost every night, last night at midnight due to the time change. Only a handful of times has she fallen asleep by 8:30.

joyousTXmama
03-16-2010, 01:32 PM
Yeah, we have a 14 mo night owl who is awake until 10:30 (or later) almost every night, last night at midnight due to the time change. Only a handful of times has she fallen asleep by 8:30.

Us too! Only we call ours the midnight baby :heart. Early around here is 9 am (but bedtime is 1am for me :giggle)

And to the OP, me too! I wouldn't trade this job for any other :rockon

Mum2Es
03-16-2010, 06:37 PM

OK, I'll let you away with it, my girls are in bed at 7:30 every night so they're done sleeping by 6:30am at the very latest. But I treasure my quiet, adult only evenings!