PDA

View Full Version : I love to watch dd play :)

Buela
02-17-2010, 09:22 AM
It's so heartwarming to watch dd play by herself. Sometimes I find her rocking ALL her babies & stuffed animals to sleep, singing to them, tucking them in with her blankets and then kissing them goodnight :heart And her mommy & daddy dolls are always sitting in the rocking chair with the baby, kissing, hugging and having naps (sometimes together, sometimes no).

This stands in stark contrast to a friends dd at that age, whom I remember singing "Jesus loves me when I'm bad" to her dolls and spanking them, etc. At first, before dd was born, I thought it was funny, but now :bheart

Even at this young age, I can see a difference, and I like it :yes

ValiantJoy07
02-18-2010, 06:01 AM
:heart
a friend was joking how her dd plays putting her curious george doll in time out ALL the time. Kids process through play- I hope my very littles never have any thing negative to process- at least when copying me.

Right now dd1 has the boppy (engulfs her) in her lap and is nursing her baby doll. :giggle Okay now she's "wubber dubbies in the tub" the boppy is now a bathtub- I guess DH says that to her when he's washing her?:shrug3 :lol love the short attention span.

joyousTXmama
02-19-2010, 02:36 PM
It's so heartwarming to watch dd play by herself. Sometimes I find her rocking ALL her babies & stuffed animals to sleep, singing to them, tucking them in with her blankets and then kissing them goodnight :heart And her mommy & daddy dolls are always sitting in the rocking chair with the baby, kissing, hugging and having naps (sometimes together, sometimes no).

This stands in stark contrast to a friends dd at that age, whom I remember singing "Jesus loves me when I'm bad" to her dolls and spanking them, etc. At first, before dd was born, I thought it was funny, but now :bheart

Even at this young age, I can see a difference, and I like it :yes

That is so sweet! :heart Thanks for sharing... I agree. I can see a confidence and joy in my ds that I don't see in more harshly parented kids... and other people comment on it, too. "Confident little guy! Friendly little fellow!"

I think gentle parenting truly produces kids with a "sparkle". They know safety and love deep in their hearts, and it feeds them in a way nothing else really can at this age. No matter what their base personality, they show a little something extra. :heart And I love to watch that, too.

Buela
02-19-2010, 02:45 PM
:heart
Kids process through play- I hope my very littles never have any thing negative to process- at least when copying me.

Yes, and they do copy us, don't they? All the more reason to model good behaviour & kind words ALL THE TIME!

I'm just so pleased that she is such a confident, happy girl now (after having a rough infancy) and everyone seems to notice this. And she is so secure, she doesn't even cry when I leave her! Sometimes I wish she did, a little:giggle