PDA

View Full Version : That felt rotten - tiny vent.

ValiantJoy07
01-23-2010, 08:46 AM
We have had a bout of stomach flu but as of last Saturday we've been healthy...Though my stomach has remained SUPER sensitive to foods and I have continued to throw up or get VERY queasy from really hard to digest foods (specifically things with too much garlic in them :doh) I had my gall bladder out 2 years ago and I think it's just some how made it harder for me to bounce back when I have stomach bug issues.:think

We had a play date on Thursday and this morning my friend wrote on my wall that the bug must not have been clear from our house because she and her daughter picked it up. :blush Were up throwing up last night. It IS the right timing for them to have gotten sick but I have disinfected the house like crazy. I did throw up from some crazy hardcore chilli (DH couldn't even eat it- I managed a cup of it but regreted for hours afterwards with horrible heartburn that lead to my barfing) on Wednesday night- but maybe that was a bug?! I dont' know I threw up once and was fine and wiped every thing and scrubbed every thing no one else in my house has been sick.

It just feels really rotten to be the one she is blaming for their misery...It is a MISERABLE bug.

Just needed some where to get that off my chest. I hope they didn't catch it from us- but I don't see how they would have.:think Just feeling really bad.:nails

allisonintx
01-23-2010, 08:52 AM
:hug It's normal to want to place blame. There is a bad stomach bug lots of places right now, and she could just as easily picked it up at WalMart as your house. :hugheart

Marzipan
01-23-2010, 08:54 AM
It's winter. There are germs everywhere. They could have gotten it from you, but you didn't put them at risk on purpose. They also could have picked it up from a shopping cart or a door handle or a gas pump. :hug

Aerynne
01-24-2010, 08:59 PM
It could have been from anywhere. A stomach bug, however, can live in your system (or kids' systems) for up to 2 weeks afterward be transferred in feces, so if anybody didn't wash their hands after going to the bathroom, etc, or didn't wash them well, it could still happen. That being said, transferring germs is a part of being with other people and stuff like that happens. You exercised every reasonable precaution, so I don't think you need to feel bad (I know feeling bad isn't something that you can turn on and off like a switch, though). :hug2

Amber
01-24-2010, 09:07 PM
We are just now getting over a stomach bug that has made it's way through everyone in our house. For the life of me I have no idea where we got if from as none of our friends have had it (that I know of). Most likely we picked it up at the grocery store :shrug

ValiantJoy07
01-25-2010, 04:24 AM
Thanks everyone, for validating my feelings. I just hate stomach flu and I'd feel bad if they picked it up from us. They are all on the mend. THose things are the worst!