PDA

View Full Version : Sharing

Aerynne
12-25-2009, 02:20 PM
I just want to say how glad I am especially today that we don't force our children to share their toys. It seemed like such a groundbreaking concept to me when it first occurred to me to do it that way, but it definitely makes life more peaceful not to force sharing of toys that belong to one child, plus it shows respect for our children and when they choose to share it really means something. At no time is this more apparent than Christmas day.

Anybody else do it this way?

Radosny Matka
12-25-2009, 06:06 PM
:bear Yes! And I'm sure you know how crazy people will look at you about this, and the comments we get. :rolleyes My kids got along *great* today, no forced sharing, but you know what, I wouldn't have had to force them to share even if I wanted too. They were so awesome with eachother and readily shared everything - P even shared his most beloved new digital camera with his brother. :tu :mrgreen Thanks for this reminder. I didn't even really think about it until you mentioned it. No, my kids are not perfect, they do fight, but all in all, I have *great* kids!!! :hearts

Momys
12-25-2009, 07:11 PM
Our kids share "common" toys, but their own toys they don't have to share. It has been good for all our kids, but it has been superb with our adoptive son. He still struggles with sharing, and he still worries, BUT it is coming....