PDA

View Full Version : What is this??

mamamonkey
11-30-2009, 07:17 AM
For the past 4 nights, DS has been waking up multiple times and just screaming :hunh. He doesn't want to nurse and he refuses to let his dad help. He just wants to lay on top of me and cry. We did have a LOT of people here for Thanksgiving, but the majority of them went home Thursday night/Friday am. My stepkids were here until yesterday, and he gets really excited and plays hard with them, so I'm not sure if that contributed.

We do co-sleep, so that isn't a change. I am just getting frustrated. 1. b/c I don't know what is wrong and how to fix it and 2. b/c I'm not getting much sleep. And I need some sleep to be a reasonable human. Any suggestions about what is going on? :think Oh, and we already know he has reflux and he's on Prevacid (has been since 8 weeks).

NovelMama
11-30-2009, 08:29 AM
Does he respond to you at all? It sounds like a night terror. If it is, then he's not really awake and no amount of comforting is going to fix it. Up his fish oil and see if that helps--that's what took care of it for AJ. NT's typically happens around the same time every night, so if you can figure out roughly when that is, then try rousing him a bit about half an hour before it; disrupting the sleep cycle sort of "resets" them and often prevents an NT from occuring.

If it's NOT a night terror, then I don't know what to suggest, though fish oil might help because it helps with neurological stuff and might help sort of calm his mental processing down. Oh, and Rescue Remedy.