PDA

View Full Version : Well I'm loving CD'ing...BUT

ShiriChayim
11-10-2009, 07:22 AM
Clara is not :( I'm changing her diapers the moment they get wet, so I know she's not sitting in a wet cloth, but she's still uncomfortable. Last night I noticed her bottom as a little red, and she cried when I put the cloth back on, smiled at me when I took it off, and smiled again when I put a sposie on her. My poor little girl.

So, right now I'm using prefolds, any suggestions or thoughts about what could be bothering her or how I can make it better for her?

klpmommy
11-10-2009, 07:24 AM
does she not like the wet feel? cheap flannel cut in strips will help that.

ShiriChayim
11-10-2009, 07:27 AM
Yes, she's always been sensitive to anything in her diaper, so I knew that cloth she would be more so, but she's really not liking it.

**Off to go and find a flannel bedsheet to cut up for my baby's bottom**

klpmommy
11-10-2009, 07:37 AM
you can get really cheap flannel at joann's. :hug

RosalieMarie
11-10-2009, 07:40 AM
you can get really cheap flannel at joann's. :hug

Do you mean fleece? Flannel still feels wet.

:hug2 Sorry she's uncomfortable. I would try some fleece and keep changing her ASAP.

klpmommy
11-10-2009, 07:43 AM
:doh yes. fleece. :nails I hope you didn't cut up a sheet yet.

[mutters about this never ending pp brain :blush ]

TuneMyHeart
11-10-2009, 07:43 AM
does she not like the wet feel? cheap flannel cut in strips will help that.

I was going to suggest some fleece strips too. Are you putting any kind of cream on her? That might help. If you use fleece strips, you can probably get away with using non cd-friendly diaper cream.

AK is really sensitive to feeling wet or dirty too. She seems to react to just about all sposies though, so I just try to change her a lot and stick with cloth.

Also, if you ever see a good deal in microfiber inserts (cottonbabies has them for $1 sometimes), you could put one of those in a prefold and that might make her more comfortable.

DragonfliiMama
11-10-2009, 08:00 AM
can it be any kind of fleece, like polar fleece from JoAnn's? I thought I read somewhere it had to be a certain kind.

Amythestmama
11-10-2009, 08:11 AM
;) Any kind will work for this. :hug2 Hope you get it figured out. I use calendula ointment on K and that seems to clear up any redness right away. I've been tempted to use sposies for overnight but he hates them and cries and yells "Take it off! No wike dis diaper!":giggle:shrug3 Sometimes it can be just a 'getting used to something new' thing. I know when I first started cd'ing J was not real impressed with it but I knew it would be ok when we later went on vacation and he protested using sposies the whole time and when we got home has asked to be changed and when I put the cloth back on him he was delighted "Oh! My nice soft diaper! I love my soft diapers.":lol

MTmomma
11-10-2009, 08:27 AM
You could also try suedecloth. It doesn't get pilly after multiple washes but still has the stay dry feeling of fleece. It's a Joann's too. Hope you get it figured out!

2sunshines
11-10-2009, 08:28 AM
Yep, definitely do a stay dry liner for her and see if that helps. Fleece or suedecloth.

cornflower
11-10-2009, 08:30 AM
To a certain degree "any" kind of fleece will work b/c most that you can buy at craft stores is the right kind... there ARE fleeces that repel moisture, though, and those do not work well as a diaper liner since they don't allow the moisture to pass through to the absorbent layer. ;)

The moisture-repelling fleeces are generally hard to find and more expensive, so you probably don't have to worry about it.... unless you are cutting up an old LLBean or Land's End jacket to make them. :giggle

Eesti
11-10-2009, 08:33 AM
I would prob also stick w/sposies at night for now.

ShiriChayim
11-10-2009, 10:34 AM
:giggle Well, I did cut up a few flannel receiving blankets, but the soft fabric seems to be helping so I will count it as worth it. We don't have a JoAnne's around here, but I will look for some fleece at Wal-Mart and see if that helps. :) If nothing else, using the flannel blankets is allowing me to use the Desitin on her with each diaper change, and I'm changing her much much more often. I do hope we get through this because I much prefer the cloth diapers to the sposies already.

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

:yes I'm doing sposies at night and also using the pocket dipes I've got every so often for a different feel. She's been reacting to the sposies too, which was part of why I really really wanted to use the cloth, but I think she'd gotten adjusted to it. Lol, I'm betting she's like her momma in that any new feeling takes a bit of adjustment before it's acceptable.